Seeking help with original identification

Hi all,
(Please bear with me, im new here and inexperienced with vintage watches)

I inherited a Omega Constellation Chronometer gold watch after my beloved grandfather some years ago, and i want to find out as much as possible about it, and make a plan to restore it to its original glory... Its making me nuts, because I cant find a single picture or post about the exact same watch.

Anyway, I belive its made in 1979 and handed to him in 1983 from his company.
And its a "17 jewels unadjusted 1333"
I belive bracelet is not the original, as its seems to be a gold plated SS marked Fisher.
CD1980125, so if I understand correctly its a 14k yellow cold cap, gent watch, electronic, water resistant, chronometer, calendar

Would appreciate any help identifying more about the model, the original parts(s), details of the watch and tips how to go forward in restauration of it.
Thank you in advance! 20230209_084436.jpg 20230209_084449.jpg 20230209_084514.jpg 20230209_084539.jpg 20230209_084524.jpg 20230209_084507.jpg

To find all the information you need all you have to do it's to open the watch and inside you will have all the inforamtion. Inside the caback you will have the reference number and inside the watch you will have the movement caliber and serial number which will date your watch. Regards.

This is a Omega Constellation with quartz movement most likely equiped with an Omega 1333 because of the second pusher at the side of the case.
The bad news is that most likely this movement will be broken somehow maybe because of leakage of the battery or some other issue related to the special handling of setting time and date which cause much stress to the mechanic.
The good news is you still can give it to Omega for complete service.

Most likely this watch was on a leather strap with an gold buckle at first.

Welcome to the forum,
The first step is to seek a good professional watchmaker to take care of your watch.
That person can open it, and with the pictures inside you can find the reference number, caliber number and serial number.
They would also be able to change the battery and that may be the only thing your watch needs in order to work. Quartz movements can work for decades without any service.

However it won’t tell you much more than you already know.
You have an approximate date or at least era, the model name- and you know it belonged to someone you loved.
You could search the forum for information about the history of the constellation model or the quartz crisis.

The observatory medallion at the back is on all « Constellation » models- it’s a double reference, as it also relates to the fact chronometers were certified as such in what was known as «observatory» tests.
That’s also something you could read up on.

Here’s a posting guide:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-omega-posting-guide.383/
Edited:

looks like a planetarium on the back.
Because it is.

welcome to constellation line. Also you might want to research why multiple watch brands had to planetariuns or similar on them.

Quartz movements can work for decades without any service.
I want to add that from time to time even the mechanic of an quartz movement should be cleaned and lubricatet to work properly.
I would say every ten to twenty years.
For the average quartz movement I agree for voting to every watchmaker but this Omega 1333 in question is somehow different and bit special compared to the average quartz movement that are nowadays mass produced so I would strongly recommend Omega service on this.
Besides that they are the only who hold spare parts.
Edited: