Forums Latest Members
  1. Floridadrew Sep 5, 2019

Hey guys. Recently came across this seamaster and wanted some advice before I pull the trigger. On the majority of the dials I’ve noticed they say Swiss made. On this one I don’t see it. Would you mind giving me a little advice on whether it might not be genuine? Thanks in advance.

9836EB0B-40EE-4E16-A630-0B2F69876CC2.png 5BCAF2F3-1CF7-4B3B-BF68-6F9923A54170.png
  2. hang10 Sep 5, 2019

Welcome. There is really no way to verify if the truly genuine without removing the back and inspecting the movement and case back, it appears to be real, but almost certainly has a redial. I'm sure others will chime in with other info.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 5, 2019

Genuine, yes, worth buying, no. Dial has been incorrectly refinished, CALENDAR should be below Seamaster and upper case.

Sidnos and apsm100 like this.
  4. Floridadrew Sep 5, 2019

Is that a rule for all seamaster with the calendar printing? Also, would it be worth it to get the correct dial or just keep looking? Thanks for the lesson!

5. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 5, 2019

This is the example image from Omega:

omega-vintage-seamaster-calendar-ck-2849-list.jpg

You can see it is not marked "Calendar".

There are instances, believed to be correct, where lettering seems to have been added by the factory after the dial was initially printed.

This may be a case of that.

The dial otherwise looks completely original, so I will say that it is more likely than not that the dial left the factory as you see it.

Don't worry about shields and arrows versus numbers and arrows. Omega themselves state that other dial variations may exist.

I can tell you that I have personally seen the fonts for "Seamaster" and "Calendar" on original dials before, so don't be in any sort of rush to ditch the watch or change the dial. It might be a rare variant.

Tom

6. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 5, 2019

7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 5, 2019

Strike one, CALENDAR in lowercase and strike two, CALENDAR above Seamaster, the two together strike four. While there are instances of this reference without CALENDAR on the dial, I have never in twenty plus years of buying and selling vintage Omegas seen one like OPs example.

8. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Sep 5, 2019

I haven't either. :) I hate to be absolutist, but you're probably right.

9. Rochete Sep 6, 2019

Any full frontal dial pic?

Edited Sep 6, 2019