Forums Latest Members
  1. Melbourne Jun 23, 2015

Dear all,

Apologies in advance for asking what must be a very tired question for the omegaforums members. I am new to watches (having previously only ever owned a casio) and would like to start a watch collection. I read the blog Hodinkee regularly and there I came across a few beautiful examples of the Omega Seamaster 30 circa 1962-3, with a comment that this was the best forum from which to seek advice.

I have been looking for the past few weeks and came across this one on ebay, being sold out of Bologna Italy. To my untrained eyes the dial looks original. It is being described as unworn which I find hard to believe, especially as the strap has been changed from the original. Also, the glass is described as plastic. I was also suspicious as there is no clear photo of the caseback with the seahorse logo on it.

I have attached below a google translation of the seller’s description which is in Italian. I have also included several photos. The link to the auction is http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161735435115?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I thank you in advance for taking the time to read this, and do appreciate any advice/criticisms you may have.

Many thanks,

Rana.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Condition 0 (unworn)

RARE OMEGA Seamaster 30, MANUAL WINDING 1962, WELL maintained and fully functional, the steel case has a diameter of 35 mm. excluding the original crown, the champagne dial with a textured fabric and indices, hands and OMEGA logo embossed gold is beautiful (has only a few small spots not visible to the watch worn), the plastic glass is perfect and without any scratch, the steel case back screw is marked OMEGA ref. 125003-62, the movement with manual winding caliber OMEGA 259 numbered 18,969,115 is perfect. The new brown leather strap is unmarked. I guarantee the seriousness and truthfulness of the object. For more information or photos CONTACT ME. . . . ... AND DO NOT WAIT TO BE PUT IN AUCTION WHY 'THE CONDITIONS WOULD BE THE SAME .. .. :) ... .EEEEE .......... SOMETIMES I remove BY AUCTION! ... .. .... and visit my store by clicking on "personal collection of watches" in the information on the seller in the upper right ......... I PLUGGED WATCHES NEW FIXED PRICE NOT FIND IN AUCTION!