Forums Latest Members

Seek Your Advice On This Omega Constellation SS Pie Pan Cal.561

1. watchfun2 Jun 3, 2015

Hello Friends,
    I seek your advice on this Omega Constellation Cal. 561, Ref. 168.005 before making any decision to purchase it.

From my observation, it seems to me that its
    - dial is original with some signs of aging
    - hands and hour markers have been touched up
    - crown is original
    - case polished but case angles still well defined
    - back-case is over-polished
    - movement is nice and clean
    - markings on case cover show movement calibre, Reference No. and model/description are in order
    - bracelet is original and unused.

I request your comments and advice on its authencity, condition, and how much I should pay if it is worth buying.

Thanks and best regards.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    TexOmega and Interstellar like this.
  2. ChrisN Jun 3, 2015

I would have a read of this thread:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/some-advice-regarding-168-005.22799/

For me, the dial looks original but, I thought these had onyx inserts in the markers which seem to be missing here. I don't think the dial is very attractive as it has not aged that well especially around the edge where it may have some water damage.

The case is too polished for my liking but, the observatory is nice and crisp.

The automatic rotor is rubbing on the case back and you can see that it's marked in a ring all the way around, just outside of the "Omega Watch Co Swiss" writing. You can also see that the watchmaker black writing on the caseback is being scraped away by it. This will need some work but, on mine the movement is very tight in the case and so it may be just not properly fitted.

As you've clearly done some research, what would be your estimate of a good price?

Hope this helps.
    Chris

Giff2577 likes this.
  3. watchfun2 Jun 3, 2015

Hi Chris,
    Thanks so much for your valuable comments and advice.

Best regards,
    Watchfun2