Forums Latest Members

Sedna Or Not A Pretty Crappy Design For New Constellation

1. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 4, 2013

2. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 4, 2013

Respectable Member MSNWatch

I see no beauty in virtually all the new watches, whether it is an Omega or Rolex. Though this is an Omega forum, the only new watch that turns me on, is the Rolex Sea-Dweller Deepsea. Apart from most of the desirable vintage Omega watches, this Deepsea is on my wish-list.

Thank-you.

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 4, 2013

I agree the dial design is terrible, but I do like the rose gold colour!

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 4, 2013

Actually like the dial but that's the only thing I like about it. I thought it was a pretty good modern version of a classic constellation piepan with arrowhead markers.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 4, 2013

Let me clarify. Dial alone, great. Dial in combination with the bezel with roman numerals.... Bad.

Archer likes this.
  6. ulackfocus Feb 4, 2013

Hey, Omega had to come up with SOMETHING to compete with EveRose. :p

7. pitpro Likes the game. Feb 4, 2013

Exactly! And both are feeding off the past. Which, to me, affirms what our tastes are.

8. ulackfocus Feb 4, 2013

Retro is still in. Longines and their Heritage Series is doing well too as are several other reissues. JLC made some cool ones with the Memovox models.

9. chiko7734 Feb 4, 2013

I don't know where they went wrong with the modern constellation. How did they get to what they had starting in the 50's to modern Connie's and now this!

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

So this thing has Cal 8500 dial feet... what's the diameter... and does the dial fit in an Hour Vision case...

Potentially the best modern franken ever if it worked.

NT931 and kyle L like this.
  11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

It's not a bad as I originally though it would be. However, I would like to see the dial a little larger, the bezel a little smaller, and lose the garish engraving.

Keep the Constellation "claws" and it should work.
    gatorcpa

12. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Feb 5, 2013

I like it, it's the most handsome Constellation in a long time, in my opinion. Sure, it lacks a little elegance of the Constellations of the 1960s, but not a bad effort at all

Alfista88 likes this.
  13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

Well you are definitely in the minority around here on that. :D I would not us the word handsome anywhere around it.;)

14. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

I just wish they made a new case...:unsure:

15. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 5, 2013

IMO create a Constellation Classic line to run in parallel to the Constellation Manhattan and bring back the 2852 case for it, in 37mm to match the current Calatrava and JLC Master series sizing

Alfista88 likes this.
  16. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 5, 2013

Respectable Member kyle L

And also a new price!

I have come across in another forum, the RRP is SGD$27 800.00 in Singapore.

Thank-you.

17. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Feb 8, 2013

I like being in the minority, someone has to be! :D Well, I think it's the nicest of the Manhattan-on Constellations...sadly the Constellation name has been added on to some pretty dreary models over the years, I've always been left cold by the latest Constellations, the men's models are a bit clunky. I think the addition of a leather strap, and the added depth of the pie-pan style dial gives it a little bit character. I'd definitely like to see one in the flesh :thumbsup:

Alfista88 likes this.
  18. tomvox1 Feb 8, 2013

That dial actually rings my bell. One of the nicer I've seen in the modern era on a dress model. Also very true to a classic Constellation. And as an anti-Rolex type case design (i.e. not another Datejust clone) it definitely works.
    Now if they made the bezel a bi-directional revolving elapsed time style rather than fixed, I think that would be pretty cool.
    Best,
    T.

EDIT: BTW, I think the list price is bananas. Should at least get a matching bracelet for that kind of cabbage!
    ::money::

19. Trev The Architect Staff Member Feb 12, 2013

Bunch of old grumps around here. haha :D It's not that bad.

What's wrong with the dial? If anything, the dial is the best part!
    I'm not as keen on the rest, it seems overly feminine with the curves.

20. Mothra Feb 13, 2013

in my opinion the issue is that you have a dial with plenty of detail, then wrap it in a garish, massive bezel with totally unnecessary clashing roman numerals, then slap claws on top of that just because modern constellations have to have them - leaving you with a tiny dial surrounded by design that just doesn't work...imho, of course.