Forums Latest Members

Searching for omega hairspring 35.5L or 35.5L T1 Need help

1. Unknown Watchmaker May 9, 2019

Hello everyone

(I have already posted on watchuseek thread but not getting enough attention, so I thought I better post it here and hopefully I could get help)

I’m servicing one of my customer pocket watch. I’m looking for a hairspring for either 35.5L or 3.5L T1 caliber movement

I wonder if you guys know where I can find one? I tried eBay and some site and I have no luck yet

The old hairspring was running but badly out of original shape which never had a correct amplitude and poor time keeping, so I did my best to reformed back to original shape as a over-coil hairspring by copying one of the picture of the same omega hairspring on the internet. I managed to get it ticking again and amplitude is huge improved but is not great because it’s not keeping the correct time and beat error is too high and I cannot adjust it by the collet to improve the beat error. I have spent at least 9 hours on separate times.

I’m hoping someone can help me to find the spare hairspring. I don’t want to let my customer down because his father birthday is in June and he wants to surprise him as it’s wasn’t working properly last five years.

[​IMG]

Thank you

Regard
    Mat

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 9, 2019

Unknown Watchmaker likes this.
  3. Unknown Watchmaker May 9, 2019

WOW! Thank you so much gatorcpa. I’m do appreciate it. I will inform my customer and see how feels about this price.

Well I guess previous watchmaker has tampered the hairspring to get back to original shape because he probably knew it will be hard to find a replacement and cost a lot.

Regard
    Mat