Forums Latest Members

Searching all information regarding this watch, im not familiar to clocks

1. dhrandulf needs Head & Shoulders shampoo Jul 16, 2014

Hello, i have no experience regarding watches, im getting quite amazed and intrested in watches and its history the more i read about it.
    I paid about 100US = cirka 1200swedish kronor??
    for this one, either way if its a copy or not its a rare beautiful model in my opinion.
    The information ive gotten over so far is
    the crown from this age doesnt have the omega logo on it.
    in 1920 it was common for omega manufacturers to put different names on the dial, like the jewellery shop, town, city, etc.
    when i tried to open the backpiece with a knife i accidently scratched the metal and it seemed to be gold colour inside.
    even when bending the metal got a bit bent down at the place where the knife were placed when bent.
    but i didnt dare to if i ruined it, so i will wait for a more experienced person to open it for me! :)
    details seem ok for a person like me that knows nothing...
    it has jacks in the metal here and there and it doesnt seem like steel in the jacks.
    the grey scales can be polished to gold tone.
    but why does it get grey??
    in some places it seems like its plated with shining metalgold. and under it where its been loosed plating it seems to look like a gold tone metall under the plating..
    im confused.
    probably some garbage but i dont know!!
    everything is appreciated as help, so thanks in advance, hope some masters can help me out! :D
    /andreas

mms_20140702_194714.jpg mms_20140716_123255.jpg mms_20140716_123341.jpg
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 16, 2014

Sorry but that is not a genuine Omega. If possible, please try to get your money back.

Cheers, Al

3. dhrandulf needs Head & Shoulders shampoo Jul 16, 2014

appreciate your answer, but i like its looks so it satisfies me at the time, while being a poor soul. was hoping to have a chance in value but guess not :) do you have any specifics on it? which parts of it tells that its not a genuine? just interested.
    what metall is in it? looks gold like to a newbie atleast.. just curious , for me its precious and beautiful to look at even if its not worthy.
    might be my first clock in collecting since i fell for the entusiastic enviroment in the watches world when searching for informations.
    i have one sully special 18k gold watch without bracelet, can i sell that one in this forum?

4. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Jul 16, 2014

Isn't this completely a fake?

5. Mathlar Jul 16, 2014

It's a quite rare "Costelletion"!

6. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Jul 16, 2014

I think is more "rare" than Constelletion or whatever that's on the dial...... I hate it when re-dialers don't use at least spell check.

7. Mathlar Jul 16, 2014

As Archer says, it's quite simply a piece of junk.. in this case an actual "vintage" fake such as was being made in the 60s and 70s.

It has all the tell-tale signs... stuff stamped on the outside of the caseback (the originals should only have this inside), the mis-spelling on the dial, the word "antimagnetic" which is usually a dead give away... and the fact that Omega never produced a watch that looked like this, and certainly never produced anything as crude or poorly made as this.

8. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Jul 16, 2014

Yeah that's what I meant by "rare"....

9. dhrandulf needs Head & Shoulders shampoo Jul 16, 2014

is it a rare copycrapper or am i missunderstanding? i have searched for 30 hours and not found one alike... was afraid of getting the truth coz i was sure it would be nothing to value, and the mystery was a bit exciting :D
    so is there nothing worth with a rare copy either? im sure its not..
    thanks mathlar for the date of birth information !

10. Mathlar Jul 16, 2014

Please excuse my and Lessismore's sarcasm... I suppose it's rare in that most of these fakes fell apart long ago. It is not worth anything.. as Archer says - try to get back your 1200 kronor.

11. dhrandulf needs Head & Shoulders shampoo Jul 16, 2014

its funny to see something happening around my first thread. no harm! :D
    but i was going to keep it even if its copy or authentic. not so much money anyway. but now im in love with watches,,, a new world has opened for me. i think ill get a job just for that reason.. so i can buy something beautiful and excellent ...
    i love the ticking from this one, thats the harmony of it, it makes me feel not so lonely afterall. its a great sleeping mechanic atleast thats worth something :D

12. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Jul 16, 2014

13. dhrandulf needs Head & Shoulders shampoo Jul 17, 2014

i cracked it open at the back now, it got messed up, but it seems to be gold in all things i scratched and bent.. i think it is gold. can it be in gold if its a copy?

14. dhrandulf needs Head & Shoulders shampoo Jul 17, 2014

it was really hard to open, used full force few times ,, then it said "POPPP" :)

15. bieb1 Jul 17, 2014

Dear Ulf from Sweden,

Quite a few experts on this forum have pointed out that this watch is a fake. As such, the chance that it contains any gold is close to zero. Now that you have popped it open and scratched & bent what you found it is probably time to let it go and move on to getting a real vintage watch. It would be a good idea to read the thread about fake vintage Omega on the forum to avoid disappointments in the future. Best of the luck with the hunt.

16. bieb1 Jul 17, 2014

Oh, I forgot ::deadhorse::

17. dhrandulf needs Head & Shoulders shampoo Jul 17, 2014

do copies have some numbers inside too normally? hard to see exact stamples

18. dhrandulf needs Head & Shoulders shampoo Jul 17, 2014

haha :D

19. blackwatch wants tickets to the HyperBole. Jul 17, 2014

It's an imperfect world. Stamples became extinct at the same time as unicorns and flying pigs. You can usually spot a fake stample because they used Comic Sans font, which has been on the endangered species list for years.

20. bieb1 Jul 17, 2014

::facepalm1:: Fakers will put numbers anywhere that they believe unsuspecting customers will look. If you insist the case contains gold, take it to any jeweller who will be able to do a quick test, usually free of charge, to tell you what it really is. Forum bets are that it is gold coloured metal.