Forums Latest Members
  1. ChiefSanchez Jun 16, 2019

Hi,

I've been gifted an Omega Seamaster watch which looks like an antique to me but I can't identify which model. It was purchased at an auction in Chile and listed as 18K gold. I'm hoping this forum can identify it so that I can purchase the right band type to go along with it.

As per the picture, it has a cross hair dial and 'SWISS MADE' at the bottom. On the back it's engraved with Austria and Argentina under that. There are some minor scratches on the glass which I'm hoping to replace, but kind of gives it a more vintage authentic look. I own a small number of watches which are more modern, but never owned an Omega watch before.

I appreciate your time on this and look forward to identifying this gem.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Omega Seamaster.jpg
  2. ChiefSanchez Jun 16, 2019

This is the photo of the back, the photo doesn't show but it reads AUSTRIA/ARGENTINA

Omega Seamaster - back.jpg
  3. DON Jun 16, 2019

The watch was redialed/refinished, so who knows what the original dial was like.

Due to the Argentina on the back. May not be a genuine Omega case. Lot of Omegas out of SA were custom cased and unsigned.

Need to pop the back to check it

DON

4. ChiefSanchez Jun 16, 2019

Thanks,

I'll try and pry it open carefully tonight and take another picture.

5. padders Oooo subtitles! Jun 17, 2019

The dial has deffo had some work. Looks like the 1 in 12 was glued back on askew.