Forums Latest Members
  1. SophieI Apr 2, 2021

Hi this question has probably been asked hundreds of times, but I’m researching buying my first Omega and can’t decide between Seamaster or Constellation? If constellation, rose gold or yellow gold? Thank you

2. SophieI Apr 2, 2021

Ps this is likely to be my one and only omega so I want to get it right. Thanks

3. wagudc Apr 2, 2021

I don't think you can go wrong. It is all a matter of personal taste. Also, there are so many different models of each line it is hard for us to give an opinion. Since this is in the Modern Omega Watches forum, I'll assume you are are looking at the current offerings. I am more of a vintage guy, but I like the Aqua Terra, Heritage 300, and Globemaster Constellation. I would go to a boutique and try some watches on.

Zdzislaw likes this.
  4. SkunkPrince Apr 2, 2021

An Aqua Terra Seamaster is likely the one I would pick for only one modern Omega. Maaaaybe a Seamaster 300, depends on how it wears.

Zdzislaw likes this.
  5. gnuyork Apr 2, 2021

I just tried on a Seamster 300M today...yikes it wears big, and chunky on the bracelet.

Zdzislaw and Alfista88 like this.
  6. SkunkPrince Apr 2, 2021

Handling in person nowadays with Omega is darn near obligatory. Right now they have darn few slim watches and they're De Villes.

gnuyork and Zdzislaw like this.
  7. gbesq Apr 2, 2021

Try the Constellation Globemaster. It has a 39 mm case, so it’s not too big and it’s a great all rounder for a one watch collection. Master chronometer movement and that gorgeous pie pan dial, especially in blue. Fantastic watch.
    upload_2021-4-2_21-48-15.jpeg

8. kangajack Apr 3, 2021

I love the Globemaster Constellations on leather. I’m not a fan of the standard Constellations. I just don’t get the look. But the Seamaster lineup is quite a bit different than the Constellation family. I think you need to get to an AD to view and try on. Take a look at the Planet Ocean lineup. If the 43.5s are too large for your taste, the 39.5 version might find the sweetspot. If you are looking to spend on Sedna or Yellow Gold, I think you would like the POs vs. SMPs

Zdzislaw likes this.
  9. wilderbeast Apr 3, 2021

I’d agree with what’s been said here. The Aqua Terra and Globemaster are both excellent choices for a one-watch collection. Both stylish and versatile. It all comes down to how you connect with them in the metal.

Zdzislaw likes this.
  10. HikerTz Apr 3, 2021

I had Aqua Terra but sold it to buy Globemaster and now I am 100% happy. Aqua Terra is great watch but it have too much polished parts which were real scratch magnet in my case and I could not stand it. But it is my personal opinion only. Also while I owned Aqua Terra I was not feeling that 41mm is too big but now with Globemasters 39mm I just feel that it is better size.

43194999-8B65-49C7-8F24-F36C340FB34E.jpeg

watchwinder808, gnuyork and Zdzislaw like this.
  11. dazed1 Apr 5, 2021

I would echo what others have said. If at all possible go to an AD and try some on. I did and it made me pivot off a watch I had been hyped on for quite some time to another model.

12. watchwinder808 Apr 6, 2021

I have also been debating between the AT38 and the Globemaster. I have a 6.25in wrist and did not want to go larger than that. Tried them both on at the AD last week and found the AT too polished than what I was hoping for. The Globemaster was perfect!

globemaster0421.jpg