Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Trilogy non-adjustable link issue

1. Ruarijp Mar 11, 2021

Hi All,

Recently bought a Seamaster Trilogy from Watchfinder and absolutely love it! There is however one issue with the bracelet. On the first non-removable link, it looks as if the pin inside has pushed one of the outer edgers of the link away slightly. This is causing the little gap shown in the photos attached. The gap means the bracelet has the tiniest amount of lateral flex and makes a very slight noise. My main concern in that if this came any further out, it may allow the link to detach ? Does anyone know how I can fix this? My initial thought was a bit of heat and to clamp the link back together to straighten it out again. Guessing I’d have to take it in for that. Also, would warranty cover this ??

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

DCBAAEBA-93E5-4FA5-95E9-3A66176D1DFC.jpeg
  2. Ruarijp Mar 11, 2021

Just to add, I know the photo seems to trivialises the issue slightly, but it’s just the camera doesn’t pick it up very well.

3. Jantar Mar 11, 2021

I think these links have screws not pins.

4. Ruarijp Mar 11, 2021

Pin in the middle, screw either end.

5. Stevedssd Mar 11, 2021

How long ago is recently. Watchfinder are usually pretty reasonable with things like this but should have picked this up in the pre-sale QC. I'd send the photo to them and ask for it to be repaired. I'd keep the watch head and send the bracelet back if you intend on keeping the watch. In the current climate they would usually arrange for collection through courier. In the meantime you could then experiment with straps.

6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 11, 2021

I would disassemble and check it’s secured properly. The construction of the Omega bracelets on this reference & new 321 is a pet peeve of mine. It is very easy to think the pin is secured properly in the holes at both ends, when instead it is secured on one side only and pressure-tight against the other side.

If you don’t realize this, and tighten the screws on both sides, it will bend the non-secured side out slightly - just as your photo shows. I am guessing yours is in that not-really-secured state, or has been slightly bent in the process of changing links.

If that is in fact what has happened, you can bend it back with the right amount of pressure, but I would just replace it with a spare/extra link, assuming you have one.

Since you just bought it, and if you haven’t changed the links - go to seller.

M'Bob likes this.
  7. Spikedlee Mar 11, 2021

This happens to my 50th Anniversary bracelet too. I noticed a bunch of links that bent like that which happened because I do a ton of push ups every day with my watches on and enough pressure caused the center pin to bend. Easy way to fix this is to remove it, straighten it, then re-install the side screws.

8. Ruarijp Mar 12, 2021

How do you suggest bending the link?? I tried to apply a little heat and bend with finders but didn’t seem to budge much. Maybe tape up and very gentle knock with a hammer or something similar ? Or is that a a shocking suggestion ? Aha

9. 3rdstringholder Mar 14, 2021

Simple fix....Wear a GShock to workout. Why, just why, wear an expensive Swiss timepiece to do push-ups? Sounds like an awful lot of work to fix.

10. Concretepuppy Mar 14, 2021

-or just do push ups on your fists and it won't put pressure on the links, or if they're too easy, on your fingertips

3rdstringholder likes this.
  11. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 15, 2021

If it was originally sourced through non grey channels (before being sold to WF) then it’s likely still under the original 5 warranty. That may well be eligible for a fix under warranty, maybe a new bracelet even. You should be set if you have the warranty card and it’s filled out.

12. jlskmi Mar 17, 2021

My 60th Speedmaster does the same thing. If I take it apart and put it back together, it seems to reset for a while. One of the reasons I went to leather..