Forums Latest Members
  1. henrygabs Jun 20, 2017

Hi all. I've been looking for a replacement bezel to fix my dad's Omega f300 Seamaster Dive Watch, Case no. (198.0005) 120m Silver Dial purchased in Switzerland in 1975.

He broke and lost the bezel a long time ago and hasn't worn it since. I'd like to help fix the watch so the old man can re-live his diving glory days.

These bezels appear to be unobtanium now. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find a suitable replacement?

I've been trying to research my options and am coming up empty handed (i.e., direct replacement, whether its possible to swap in another watch bezel that might fit, find a custom bezel etc.).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the input.

Cheers.
    Henry

2. tyrantlizardrex Jun 20, 2017

Hey Henry,

Your research is sadly correct - there just aren't any.

Omega have none left, and even people like Swiss Time Services, who have insane stocks on NOS dead stock parts, don't have any.

You're best hope if a broken watch, with a good bezel.

Good hunting.

Chris

3. billythekid Jun 20, 2017

keep a look out on ebay.. one sold recently from a us seller

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 20, 2017

Not quite correct - the 18k gold version is still available if you happen to have that case...the OP doesn't specify what case material though...

henrygabs and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  5. henrygabs Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for the feedback and prompt replies! Much appreciated.

I will keep my eyes open for broken watches or bezels on the used market.

Although an original replacement would be preferred, I am not against a frankenwatch for the sake of the watch being wearable again. Is the tolerance on such a watch bezel so specific that a mix-n-match wouldn't work? My sense is that it's easier said than done. I thought perhaps there was interchangeability between the SMf300 and some other Omega having the same glass/bezel dimensions and from the same era, say, a vintage SM300 diver. SMf300 dimensions that I found were Crystal/Dial width: 30.3mm and Bezel width: 37.3mm. Measurements not verified but taken from (http://www.deskdivers.com/Site/SMf300.html).

Ehh, probably easier to wait patiently for a sure thing... an original replacement. I will keep searching. Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers,

Henry

6. henrygabs Jun 20, 2017

Sorry I didn't mention it is a steel case.
    Thanks for the note on the gold bezel being available. Might be a good last resort, if i can find it. Do you happen to know a part number?
    Cheers,
    Henry

Edited Jun 20, 2017
  7. JackDaniels83 Jun 20, 2017

If you found a source, please let me know, as I also need one. In my case the insert itself would be enough. Maybe there is a after market insert that fits the ring? I could provide you with a technical drawing of the bezel (can measure the original and make a CAD model). You could then ask for it at a machine workshop. But still the insert would be missing.

henrygabs likes this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 20, 2017

Gold is 082BA0018B. Steel is discontinued but having the part number might help with a search - number for the steel is 082ST0018.

Inserts are not available separately.

Cheers, Al

9. JackDaniels83 Jun 20, 2017

I know, but maybe someone has done or can make an aftermarket version? Would be better then nothing.