Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Regatta 212.30.44.50.01 - should I push the button?

1. tikkathree Oct 20, 2019

I'm very happy with this little gem of a watch and wear it pretty much any time I want a rough, tough sports chrono which means it comes out hunting with me knowing that I can run it under the tap or walk it through the shower. There is some patination of the dial which shows up in this slightly strangely lit photo (the vendor's photo and my first basic introduction). In natural light the dial looks to have a scattering of dust flecks (which it doesn't) or to have lost its gloss and be losing colour in a dotty way.
    Its the only Seamaster I keep on the oe bracelet, the two non-chronos being on webbing and leather zulu. Among other features I love its "sparkliness" and the way it catches the light.
    [​IMG]

But now I've got an itch for a modern iteration, specifically the 212.30.44.50.01 "Regatta" to sit alongside it. I know it's an itch, an impulse. I love the yellow dial highlights and I know that it isn't really a yachting chrono with a dedicated race start countdown complication so it's all about the looks and, to a lesser degree, the co-ax movement.

Some of you guys will be owners and I'd be interested to hear your real-life experiences with this handsome watch.
    [​IMG]