Forums Latest Members
  1. cnlohmueller Jan 3, 2017

Hi,
    I got a Omega like this (I guess a Seamaster Mariner III) from my uncle a few years ago:
    [​IMG]http://www.kaplans.se/en/auktioner/1916/vara/600640

I haven't worn it for the last 3 years or so. I don't know why but suddenly I want to start watches again, especially this beauty. However, the battery is dead. Yesterday I brought it to a watchmaker. He told me that even if he could change the battery he would not guarantee the result (e.g. if it's waterproof). He told me he would recommend sending it to Omega for a revision. I don't know if it ever had a revision and I cannot ask my uncle because he passed away a year ago. The revision process would cost around 150-200 Euros and include battery change, replacement of parts when necessary and a guarantee. We agreed to send it to Omega for a cost estimate. What would you guys with more knowledge about Omega watches say?

Regards,
    Christian

2. cnlohmueller Jan 23, 2017

Omega want 500€ for the refurbishment. Is it worth it?

3. tyrantlizardrex Jan 23, 2017

If you want to wear it and enjoy it - yes.

If you're hoping to make money selling it - no.

chronos likes this.
  4. Mac5 Jan 23, 2017

From the pics, it is hard to tell the condition. If it just needs the battery, no. If it needs service and not just a battery, I would hesitate sending it to Omega. Look for someone local.

5. webvan Jan 23, 2017

So what are you doing with the watch? Can't hurt to try a new battery!