Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Professional White Dial

1. Martin_J_N Jun 26, 2019

I first saw this white dial Seamaster Professional watch on-line and was instantly attracted by its looks, last night I had the chance to try the watch and I have to say that I am hooked. What do other OF member think?

mGER0UuOSe6AM4Ky+bxBwA.jpg

2. AntonisCy Jun 26, 2019

It looks nice but i still prefer the silver dial.

chronostart likes this.
  3. Khamenman Jun 26, 2019

I like it as well. After seeing it, I find that I prefer the blacked hands better compared to the regular steel-color hands

OmeGez likes this.
  4. CJpickup57 Jun 26, 2019

@Martin_J_N where was this that you were able to try it on?

5. Martin_J_N Jun 26, 2019

An Omega event at the OB in Bluewater Kent last night, I had been round the store without seeing it then realised that it was being shown to someone, waited and then tried it on, it looks stunning

6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 26, 2019

Like the watch, hate the bracelet

7. stevec14 Jun 26, 2019

This - I think this will look awesome on the black rubber. In fact all of the SM’s look better on it to my eye.

Rudi99, ejj, Loevhagen and 2 others like this.
  8. Martin_J_N Jun 26, 2019

Yes, I agree the black rubber strap will be perfect, combined with the black bezel it will show the dial off nicely.

I've noticed a number of comments on various threads about this style bracelet, not sure why it gets so much stick, it came with my 2010 vintage Seamaster Professional, I have never thought of trying another bracelet or strap on that watch (maybe I will now as I am starting to get into watches a bit more), but I like the bracelet, it wears well and is comfortable. My Speedmaster has a different style bracelet and that is comfortable on the wrist as well.

These forums have opened my eyes to what can be done to a watch to personalise it a bit more, and this is an area that I am going to explore a bit more.

keisuke_z and Tet like this.
  9. Omega-Q Jun 26, 2019

I think it's a very nice watch...reminiscent of the ole' Great White! Do you have a wrist shot? Just curious how skin tones play off the dial. I'm still impartial to mine (see avatar), and in a close second the silver dial. However, it's nice that they are already making it out to the stores! Thanks for sharing!

Martin_J_N likes this.
  10. KeithS Jun 26, 2019

I'm also surprised by the amount of disdain people seem to have for the bracelet. It's comfortable and fits well with the rest of the watch. And I don't think it looks particularly dated either, which is a critique I see frequently here on OF. As for the new white dial--looks fantastic!

PhilF and Tet like this.
  11. CJpickup57 Jun 26, 2019

Thank you for the response. I am (im)patiently waiting to get my hands on one and they are not due in stores until November for the US according to Omega's website and my local AD.

To other posters, I also do not like the bracelet (no disdain, just preference). A positive side to that is it saves me a few hundred US to get it on the strap.

12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 26, 2019

It is a very comfortable bracelet, and good quality. I had an smp and enjoyed the watch but ultimately, personal taste, did not like the bracelet.

13. 1965Speedie Jun 26, 2019

I think there's kind of an 'aesthetic disconnect' between the utility look of the watch head combined with what I see as a dressy bracelet. I'm sure the bracelet is comfortable, and I might even like it on another watch, but I don't care for it on this one.

But to be clear, I do love the watch with the white dial.

14. steelfish Jun 26, 2019

Hmm I have to say that although the latest smp is one of my all time favourite watches, the white dial is definitely not. It looks washed out. I had (just sold) my lovely grey dial smp and one thing I found with the lighter colour was it looked cheap in the wrong light but awesome in the right light. I think with white that might be exasperated.

It’s odd but I can also see what others are saying about the bracelet. It must be the same as the normal bracelet on blue, grey and black smps

15. guwipa Jun 26, 2019

Not that many white dial SM in the wild. That watch is gorgeous. Go for it!

White dials beat them all :)
    Vancouver.jpg

16. guwipa Jun 26, 2019

17. FlyingSnoopy Jun 26, 2019

I prefer black dial sport watches but I think that this particular model would shine with the rubber strap...
    Cheers

Martin_J_N and CJpickup57 like this.
  18. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 26, 2019

And I do think they did a great job with the black coating on the hands. White dials often have weak visibility.

Having had the black, and acknowledging the blue is a classic, I think I would get the white one if I where to get one again. After all I have only one white diver. (Baume & Mercier ) not mine on the picture but just like it. I also got the orange rubber NATO which is.... interesting. 9799E8A6-EB37-4A09-9561-25B52E51A184.png

19. WatchShopping Jun 26, 2019

Beautiful and then on a NATO ::love::

20. boraxman Jun 26, 2019

Agree^^^^^^