Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Professional Chronograph Review

1. om9c Aug 11, 2014

Perfect review! I once owned the 2225.80

2. Marx34 Aug 12, 2014

great review thanks. I have a 2007 version of this watch which I have worn every day since I bought it and it's never let me down. the watch is currently at swiss time services for its first service and I have requested it comes back in brand new condition so because the bezel is scratched the bill is £834 ouch but worth it. I have been pondering on the idea of trading the watch for a new po with the black rubber strap if I got a decent amount for my smp or should I keep them both ? I will post pics when it comes back from sts

3. ctpete Mar 13, 2015

Excellent review! Thank you.

4. Ozalid Oct 25, 2015

Great article and review.
    Having mainly worn a Submariner since I was 21 (am now 63) on a whim ( and because it seemed cheap) I bought one of these second hand, it arrived yesterday, picture below, at first I thought that I had made a big mistake, it was soooo heavy and chunky! However, having slept on it (literally) I find this morning that it actually feels quite good, even on my skinny wrist, it looks great, I can't stop admiring it, this may be the best thousand quid I have ever spent!

Regards, Al
    $_12.JPG

Wawmd likes this.
  5. Lily_Stewart Jun 5, 2016

Great review.!!

6. delmarco Dec 28, 2016

No! Never do that on a 7750 ETA since it is a sliding horizontal clutch. While the chronograph has minimal to none effect of the power reserve the teeth on the gears can wear out if you run the chronograph all the time. On the 7750 ETAs the gear teeth on the drive wheel are shaped different than the driven wheel that drives the chronograph.

Vertical clutches can have chronographs running all the time because the chronograph is on the same column as the time keeping gears. So all the vertical clutch does is bring the chronograph plate into contact with the timekeeping plate.

That is the crudest way to articulate that but Acher has a perfect explanation on Vertical Clutches in this forums somewhere.

Google a a forum search will send you there.

7. delmarco Dec 28, 2016

Actually I am here because I really want this watch.

Only turn offs are the date wheel takes 8pm to 4.30am to switch over(?) basically means every evening you have a transitioning date wheel with no clear indication of the date.

Also I hear the bracelets on used watches tend to come with a lot of DNA (hair and muck) of previous owners stuck between the links.

8. AlfaRomeoOmega Jun 23, 2019

This review from 2011 pushed me over the edge, so thought I'd create an account to share and say thanks.

IMG_0754.jpg

larryganz likes this.
  9. David S Dec 8, 2019

Great review. Thank so much
    Thats a nice one. I have this one.

3B57FFE5-758B-4516-9315-5BFB4F8B6D81.jpeg