Seamaster Pro Bezel Options

A 2234.50 GMT has been my daily watch for the past twelve years. While I love the watch, I would greatly prefer that that it came with a brushed bezel and all black bezel insert like the 2254.50.

Having the watchmaker brush the bezel during its next service should be no problem. But is it possible to fit the black insert from the 2254.50?

Gratuitous iPhone picture
IMG_1499.JPG

A genuine insert is not available for purchase by itself - you have to buy the entire bezel.

Inserts can easily be removed and replaced on these though.

Cheers, Al

So either the whole bezel from a 2254.50 or its insert would fit the GMT, but I would have no way to purchase just the insert?

You can buy a aftermarket bezel insert from the bay but I personally wouldn't go down this route. You could sell your entire bezel and replace it with a 2254 if you so desired but again I wouldn't bother.

I've found a couple options, both photos are from WUS.

Add the full 2254.50 bezel with insert
GMTSMP bezel.jpg

Or go for semi PlanPro build, install the PO bezel and crystal, leaving the original dial and hands. It would look similar to this, though with the Planet Ocean bezel insert.
GMT PO Bezel old insert.jpg

Unfortunately, some sources have said that the GMT bezel is taller than the standard SMP bezel and as a result, the bezel from either the 2254.50 SMP or the PO will leave a gap at the bottom where they meet the watch case.

Anyone know for sure if this is correct?