Forums Latest Members
  1. S.Archer Jul 18, 2016

I know it says they will be available in October, what does that mean for availability at ADs?
    Does anyone have an idea regarding the price, at official boutiques, and AD, grey market etc...

Is this series supposed to be on the same level as the Speedmaster DSOTM line? I've yet to understand the relationship between the different Omega lines

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 18, 2016

Difficult to say as for availability on AD's but I would think all should have it before Xmas
    Price is advertised around. Do a Google search. I would do a Google search for you but I'm on the run and, well, it takes me the same effort as it would you.

No, this series is not related tot he Speedmaster series. It is related to the Planet Ocean Series. Deep Diving watches. Very beautiful. What they do have in common is the use of ceramic but that's about it.

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 18, 2016

SamQue and S.Archer like this.
  4. S.Archer Jul 18, 2016

I did Google search the price of course, all I found was retail price in Swiss francs, figured the price in the US and at ADs and grey market might be different.

What I meant regarding the seamaster and Speedmaster lines is is one of them considered more prestigious, or are they bought for different purposes (daily work watch, fancy etc)
    What I'm trying to say i guess, is if you had to decide between the PO deep black and DSOTM, would it be by looks and feel only?

5. micampe Jul 18, 2016

Why are you buying this watch?

6. sydneywatchguy Jul 18, 2016

Main difference is chrono vs GMT. DSOTM prices drop significantly second hand and I imagine the PO will do the same. You could say the DSTOM would be slightly more prestigious given its a chronograph.

S.Archer likes this.
  7. S.Archer Jul 18, 2016

I'm not buying it yet, I'm looking to buy an Omega watch and the Speedmaster DSOTM and Seamaster PO deep black are the ones that look the best to me so far, I've yet to see any of them in person and try them on though

8. S.Archer Jul 18, 2016

Reason I asked if one of them is more prestigious is that I'm trying to understand which is more expensive, not because I'm looking to buy something prestigious

9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 18, 2016

it's subjective.

The Speedmaster brand has the legitimacy of the moon watch behind it, but no serious aficionado would really fall for that. If you where to ask between a vintage speedmaster or a vintage seamster Planet Ocean (which really there is no vintage as it is a 90's design) then the speedmaster moon watch would win.

If you're asking between a speedmaster ceramic modern watch and a Planet Ocean ceramic modern watch it's entirely up to your taste. Do you like pilot watches, Chrono's, racing...or do you like submariners, diving and adventure tool watches.

Even then both are gimmicky (if certainly imposing) and neither is really meant to be used on their natural tool watch habitat. If you want something that can go into the water and out get the PO, If you want something that makes you look like you just stepped out of a rocket to mars get the speedmaster.

If you want a watch get a Seiko.

Edited Jul 18, 2016
    Tiny Iota, Tubber and S.Archer like this.
  10. S.Archer Jul 18, 2016

There's a decent Seiko advertisement somewhere in that post

Nobel Prize likes this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 18, 2016

Dear Duchess,

Why are you getting the watch? When and where do you plan to wear the watch? What do you need the watch to do? Do you need to know the time in a second time zone frequently? Is the watch going to be worn in hot, wet situations for long periods of time BOOM! PHRASING! Do you have large hands like Lana?

Perseus likes this.
  12. S.Archer Jul 18, 2016

I'm getting the watch because Ive wanted an Omega forever, almost got one but went for a cheaper Tag about 8 years ago, Ive recently had some good news at work and decided it's time to get a new one.

Planning to wear it daily to work, nothing physical, sitting in front of a computer mostly, you know, espionage... I currently take it off when I work out/sleep/go to the beach/pool

I don't really need it to do anything special, i like the date feature, GMT is not a must.

I live in Israel, it is very hot and moist in here most of the time.

My wrist is big enough to pull off both sizes I reckon but that remains to be seen

My decision will be based on looks and price I think

13. Perseus Jul 18, 2016

The Seamaster line is focused on watches with a good amount of water resistance, mainly dive watches. The Speedmaster watches all feature chronographs. I don't think one line is more prestigious than the other. Many people end up owning one of both.

14. richard371 Jul 18, 2016

Apples and oranges. Seamaster SS speedmaster SS, seamaster TI speedmaster TI, seamaster ceramic speedmaster ceramic. A seamaster is still a seamaster and a speedmaster is still a speedmaster.

15. lillatroll Jul 19, 2016

What ever you decide, make sure you try them on. I was 99% sure I was going to get a PO but when I went to the shop I tried a few watches on and ended up buying the seamaster SM300 Co axial. It hardly leaves my wrist. I think the number one rule before deciding is to try them out first.

Edited Jul 19, 2016
    Exarkun12 and Nobel Prize like this.
  16. Exarkun12 Jul 19, 2016

100% agree...was in a similar situation myself last week. Went to an OB thinking I was going to convince myself about the Ti PO GMT, ended up being lured away to the Ti speedmaster 9300!