Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Planet Ocean - Moisture under Crystal, what to do

1. Johnny9r Jul 14, 2012

I have a three year old Seamaster Planet Ocean that I received as a first fathers day present. This weekend when I put on my watch I noticed some humidity on the crystal, upon further review the humidity is under the crystal. I opened up the screw down crown and the other vent and the humidity seems to go away, when I close them again the moisture comes back. Obviously this watch is special to me and I was looking for opinions n what to do. Also if people have an idea of the cost associated with this type of issue I would appreciate it.

Help, I love this thing and want to make sure I don't damage it any further.

John

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 14, 2012

If it is under warranty you need to bring into your dealer or Omega. Planet Ocean Co-Axials of that age have 3 year warranty. At the very least you need to have it tested for water tightness. Many equipped shops do this for free. If it turns out you have to pay to have a bad seal or crown replaced it should not be that much to have it replaced. Do not keep getting it wet or around moisture.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 14, 2012

^ This, take it straight to your nearest Omega dealer

If you could post a picture for us just to illustrate how much moisture there is that'd be good