Forums Latest Members
  1. Popeye Jul 9, 2013

Hi, I'm a new user.
    congratulations for the forum.
    I would like to capirela history Seamaster "Peter Blake".
    As I understand it, during the America's Cup in 2000 Peter Blake helped to draw the 2533.50. Since this model is not very pleased, produced the Omega 2230.50 also said "not AC Cup."
    However, the model called "Peter Blake" is the 2254.50
    And yet, there is a model "Sir Peter Choice" which is the 223180.
    It 'a proper reconstruction?
    So according to you, what is the watch more "Peter Blake" among them?
    In the famous photo of Peter Blake with the red jacket during the America's Cup, I think wearing 253350.
    Thank you for any comments.

2. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jul 12, 2013

Hi and welcome,

I am not Seamaster expert, but I can remember when this Sir Peter Blake watch was launched and I should have the original press kit somewhere as well.

The 2533.50 with white gold bezel is the official America's Cup watch and as far as I know, this was also the watch connected to Sir Peter Blake.

One of the problems at that time with Omega was, that they made several 'Peter Blake's Choice' watches, like when browsing in the 1996 Omega catalog, you will find that there are two or three 'Cindy Crawford's choice' Constellation models. It doesn't make sense. The 2254.50 you mention is just the normal black Seamaster Pro 300M watch. The
    2231.80 with the electric blue dial looks like a watch somewhere between the Seamaster Pro 300M 'Bond' (2531.80) and the non-AC cup watch. Very confusing. Omega has a lot of different Seamaster 300M variations and somehow they want to 'channel' them all by associating them with Sir Peter Blake, Peter Blake's choice (as if these are two different people) and so on.

In any case, I would consider the 2533.50 with white gold bezel the only Sir Peter Blake watch there is. The rest are just nice Seamaster Pro 300M watches.

RJ

3. MyVintageOmega Jul 12, 2013

Welcome to the forum...

4. Wetworks Jul 12, 2013

Just to confound things, here's some pics of my Non-AC. I think it's the best looking, but admittedly not "official".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ulackfocus Jul 12, 2013

::love:: that watch Tommy.

Wetworks likes this.