Forums Latest Members
  1. Jonnyheli Apr 8, 2019

Hey guys, I just bought this watch after doing some research on what to avoid and what to look out for etc. In hindsight I should have asked here first, but I clearly got ahead of myself.

I think the reference lines up with the dial (perhaps) however I could be wrong. Also, I'm starting to think this should have had a calibre 600 and not a 601, but again, I could be wrong.

Your input would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Jonny

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg

RICHARD SANTANA and Passover like this.
  2. Passover Apr 8, 2019

Hi Jonny!

Welcome here on Omega Forums!

To make this clear I'm not very familiar with this reference 14750, which later became Seamaster de Ville as I understand it.

For me your watch looks good overall, I don't see anything obviously wrong.

Crown, hands, dial, all they look consistent right. Maybe the case has been polished but still looks OK.

As I learend here on the forum, Omega products aren't always easy to determine so I think with your later serial number (1964/1965) maybe they switched at the end of the production of this reference (still with coathanger S) to the 601 movement. Thats just a guess of course.

As pointed out before your watch looks consistent so I don't think it's a Franken with a wrong movement.

Hope that helps, enjoy your watch, curious to hear what others think!

3. Jonnyheli Apr 8, 2019

Hi there!

Thanks for the warm welcome and quick response.

What you say makes sense to me and I was hoping that might be the case with this watch however you can't help but question yourself.

There's so many references and variations of those references that it can get overwhelming fast, especially for your first vintage watch!

It will be interesting to hear what other people's opinions are on this.

Cheers

Jonny

4. Passover Apr 8, 2019

No one with an option on this watch? ::confused2::

Jonnyheli likes this.
  5. Vanallard Apr 8, 2019

6. Mac5 Apr 8, 2019

7. Jonnyheli Apr 8, 2019

Hmm the plot thickens.

So the question is, did Omega continue making this reference up until 1964 and if they did, did they use the 601 in this watch at any point.

I appreciate all your help.

I hope some seasoned Omega expert can shed some light on this.

Thanks very much!

Jonny

Mac5 likes this.
  8. Jonnyheli Apr 9, 2019

UPDATE WITH A TWIST!

I have very interesting update for you guys.

The photos I posted originally were from the seller and I only received the watch today.

My immediate instincts were to open the watch and see if it contained the 600 or 601. Perhaps the seller mixed up some photos or whatever.

I opened it, and sure enough there was a 601 movement in the watch HOWEVER when I looked at the reference number on the inside of the case it read 135.020!!!!!

So now the question has changed once again. I believe this is a newer reference number, however I think it may be too new for the dial type? What do you guys think?

I just don't know what to think anymore. The watch is beautiful though.

Cheers

Jonny
    20190409_125819.jpg 20190409_125804.jpg

9. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 9, 2019

Now you need De Ville on the dial and a rounded S.

2019-04-09_06-43-19.jpg

Winston_Smith likes this.
  10. Jonnyheli Apr 9, 2019

Yep so now there's no question that this watch has been Frankenstein'd. I prefer the coathanger face I have with no "de ville" though. Hence why I bought it.

The movement is excellent though though and so is the dial.

Cheers

Jonny