Forums Latest Members
  1. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Aug 5, 2016

A Seamaster on ebayPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network. It says the year is 1971 but 1961 is more likely. The dial looks funny to me, as does the lume. Not very esthetic proportions of markers, fonts and numbers. The reference is FX6282, shouldn't this be a Globemaster? Franken?

dial.jpg s-l1600.jpg back.jpg

2. westmtn Aug 5, 2016

The lume, thickness of crosshairs, font, and lack of Swiss Made. It's definitely a redial. Possibly a franken. No movement shot?

3. dx009 Aug 5, 2016

Definitely a redial. I agree that it's older than 1971... Is the crown golden or is it just weird lighting ? I'd pick something else, honestly, even if it's not a franken inside..

Unless it costs 50$ or so... :p

4. ConElPueblo Aug 5, 2016

Looks as if the crown is a replacement in a different hue. The case could be rose gold and the crown yellow, but it might as well just be the lighting.

EDIT: having looked at the advert, it says that the case is yellow gold. It must be a different alloy then.

I'm not really sure. The lume is horrible, but I don't find anything wrong with the crosshairs and the Swiss Made might be hidden, as it sometimes is. The combination of markers seems peculiar, but it's a watch for the American market and you how odd their taste is... :p

Movement shot can be seen in the link.

5. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Aug 5, 2016

I got one wrong recently and paid the penalty for it. But I call redial here in part due to where the cross hair goes through the applied omega symbol may be the camera angle but it does not look close to centred to me.

6. ConElPueblo Aug 5, 2016

Actually, that isn't uncommon. It's in the same league as the crooked stars on Constellations, IMO.

The fact that the line is unbroken is a plus, as redialers often does this wrong. I'm more concerned by the lack of a minutes track.

7. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Aug 5, 2016

The caseback says FX6282, can that reference be a Seamaster? On the web I only see GlobeMasters with that reference.
    The movement is a 500.

Edited Aug 5, 2016
  8. westmtn Aug 5, 2016

I don't know.. it could be original but the cross hairs still look thick to me. I agree the lack of minute markers is also strange. It just seems off. It does look aged. I could easily be wrong but I'm still going with an older redial.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dx009 Aug 5, 2016

My opinion is that it is a redial for certain. It's not the cross... It's, as others have said, the lack of minute markers and, of course, the lack of SWISS MADE below 6 o'clock.

I also wonder whether those lume dots are correct...

10. ConElPueblo Aug 5, 2016

I find it odd that the one thing that is undeniably re-done, the lume dots, are the one thing you are uncertain of, while the rest of the issues, which aren't sure fire tells make you convinced it's a redial? ::confused2::

The Swiss Made could be hidden under a tension ring and there are references without minute tracks - I even believe I've seen it on a few American issued Omegas.

11. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Aug 5, 2016

Redial for sure...crosshair between Omega symbol also gives it away. Probably didn't start out as a seamaster either!

12. dx009 Aug 5, 2016

I know that the lume dots are re-done but, although I've never seen an Omega with dots in those locations, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point some reference existed with lume dots on the inner side of the markers and not on the outer side...

13. ConElPueblo Aug 5, 2016

A different model:

[​IMG]
    (https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-black-honeycomb-dial-with-breguet-numerals.31037/)

But on the one we're talking about, it's a clear re-lume. Just wanted to show a ref. with the same set-up :)

Between the Omega symbol and what? Is it the part that runs through the symbol, you mean?

I can see on the other examples posted here that the N-S crosshair crosses the "E" in Omega differently... Never got around to figuring out when these should have coathanger "S" or not, so that might also be a give-away.

14. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Aug 5, 2016

This layout is more esthetic with the circular ring!

ConElPueblo likes this.