Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Mariner 1 (Cal. 1310 / 196.0054): parts available?

1. Ken G Mar 26, 2016

I've been really taken by this model recently and would love to add one to my collection at some point. I know Omega still service the 1310, so the movement parts are presumably available, but I was just wondering if they still have hands, crystal, dial, bracelet etc. I've come across some examples in pretty bad shape (but very reasonably priced!) and was hoping these parts would be available...

There's quite a bit of info on the model on the web, but I've not had much luck finding out about parts availability. I know the best thing is to be patient and wait until I find one in good condition...

Apart from that, does anyone have any experiences with this model to share? Pictures, opinions (warnings, advice) etc?

Thanks!

EDIT: Here's a pic...

[​IMG]
    (Pic. "borrowed" from old WUS thread)

Edited Mar 26, 2016
    Bracco85 and mahendralahari like this.
  2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Mar 26, 2016

I had one for a few years. Very cool watch and got a lot of positive comments on it. While parts might be available, Omega might be restricting distribution to authorized repair centers and watchmakers. Moreover, there are very few watchmakers willing to work on these. Essentially, this means you will be forced to pay Omega service prices for service and repair, which will be significantly more than the watch is actually worth.
    I would hold out for a good example in working condition. One thing important is to find one with the right size bracelet. Finding additional links is a hassle. Here are a couple of shots of my watch.

DSCN4612.jpg
    DSCN4630.jpg

3. Ken G Mar 26, 2016

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics, Joe :) And for the advice too. Yeah, I had a feeling it was one of those awkward ones that might not be the easiest to get serviced - could be expensive down the line...

They do look great though - not surprised you got a lot of positive comments!

4. webvan Mar 26, 2016

jeppehh, chronos, Eddy C. and 4 others like this.
  5. Paedipod Mar 26, 2016

I had one for a while. Very cool and I really liked the hands and dial.....must say I repeatedly read the @webvan post before I bought it. Time setting is interesting. Moved it along as I was not wearing it. Curious what people are asking for them now. 5F8F5408-884C-4259-BFD7-6B7AFEB35B05_zpsibiyg60a.JPG

ahartfie and Ken G like this.
  6. Ken G Mar 26, 2016

I'm familiar with your excellent FAQ post webvan having returned to it on many occasions! :) Nice one!

Thanks, too, for the tip about Ludmil - that's good to know...

7. Ken G Mar 27, 2016

Just picked up this one :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously that minute hand isn't in the best shape (that's what i was alluding to earlier). Hopefully I can pick one up somewhere...

Apart from that, it looks to be in OK shape (for the price I paid). Can't wait to get it and try it on!

8. brownip Mar 28, 2016

Well done on the pick up. I have a sneaking suspicion that the hands were specific to the Mariner 1 so it might be quite difficult to find replacements. I'm assuming you've searched Ofrei and Cousins?

I've had one for a few years and absolutely love it, only issue I've had was a perished gasket on the minute adjuster which I had repaired via a fellow collector who has a friend in the trade who was persuaded to do a parts repair rather than his usual full service.

The complexity of the case shape is difficult to appreciate unless you've seen one in the flesh. Here's my best attempt at capturing it in a photo

[​IMG]

Cheers

Ian

Edited Mar 28, 2016
  9. Ken G Mar 28, 2016

Thanks, Ian!

That's a great pic. I didn't realize the watch was so curvy! ;-) From most angles it appears very straight and chiseled - kind of brutalist!

Think you might be right about the hands being specific to this model. I had a look on Ofrei, but nothing doing. I'm hoping it will be possible to restore that minute hand, but I think I'll just enjoy the watch as is for a while before getting anything done...

Should be here in a couple of days - the wait is killing me!

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 28, 2016

Case parts are all still available for this, including the hands. The movement is of course another story...

ICONO and Ken G like this.
  11. Ken G Mar 28, 2016

Thanks for that, Al - good to know!

Out of interest, and if it's not too much trouble, is it correct that the hands are only used on this model?

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 28, 2016

That's what the Extranet indicates, yes...

Ken G likes this.
  13. Ken G Mar 28, 2016

Thanks again for the info, Al. ;-)

14. Ken G Mar 31, 2016

Well, it arrived! Here are a few badly-lit and hastily taken pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not in great shape, but it's not too bad. Overall, I'm very happy with it. It's a nice size and I love the bracelet. I'm sure it's going to become a real favorite!

hanky6, martinzx, Tet and 5 others like this.
  15. jstar10684 Nov 23, 2016

Hello everyone I am new to the forum I have a mariner 1 am I am looking for the correct bracelet. Any help would be appreciated thanks please feel free to email me [email protected] here's a photo of my beauty on the wrong bracelet

IMG_0590.JPG
  16. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Nov 23, 2016

Very nice watch! I had one of these for a number of years and eventually let nit go since it was not getting enough wrist time.
    I was also looking for bracelet parts and the only way I was able to source these was through eBAY. It took about a year of waiting until the parts I needed came up for auction. Hopefully you will find a quicker solution.

[​IMG][/IMG]

17. jstar10684 Nov 23, 2016

I found this bracelet the ref is correct but it's 22mm ? Isn't this watch 19mm?
    Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/351911645274Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Omega Bracelet en acier Réf. 1268/241 22mm Très bon état

18. jstar10684 Nov 23, 2016

That's what I thought it was a 19mmin eBay I found these photos of watches for sale and they say they all have the same ref number bracelets

19. robrom Oct 18, 2017

Hey guys

New to this forum and first post but hopefully somebody can help me here and shed some light. I know this post is old but it's relevant to my search.

I have the Omega Mariner 196.0054 but have noticed that the hands seem to be incorrect. They seem to be from another seamaster. Obviously these hands are quite distinctive, however, whilst pictures clearly show the correct hands nobody has mentioned the name of these so it's making my search difficult.

Does anybody know if these hands have a particular style or have a name/nickname.

Will omega stilly supply these hands?

Any information will be well received

20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 18, 2017

Omega defines the shape of these as stick hands, so that's not very helpful considering a lot of hands are stick hands that don't look like this. However the part numbers may help...

Hour and minute hands set - 065PP2396

Seconds hand - 066UP2366

As noted above the hands are still available from Omega.

Cheers, Al

Ken G likes this.