Forums Latest Members
  1. aterenzio1 Feb 27, 2021

[​IMG]
    Trying to identify this old Seamaster I purchased over on r/watchexchange. First and foremost, know that I didn’t spend very much on this watch and will not be bitter if it turns out to be fake. The chap I bought it from seemed genuine and gave me what I considered a fair price ($70) for something that was at least somewhat likely to be inauthentic. Honestly, I like how it looks, so if it’s authentic, that would just be a bonus. Mostly what I’m curious about is whether, if it is a fake, it resembles a particular model of Seamaster, or if there is any likelihood at all that it’s even partially original. A few notes:

-what’s up with that “Seamaster” font? I feel like I’ve seen it before, but can’t be sure. Can’t seem to pinpoint it online either (this might be the first indicator that the watch is fake)

-can’t seem to find anything about “special de luxe” either. Anyone know of models branded this way? Again, could be a sign of a fake, but it seems like it would’ve been easier to fake a Seamaster by leaving out superfluous text - not adding it.

-the “Omega” text looks a bit off. I’m thinking that’s (best case scenario) re-done, or (worst case scenario) faked.

-any guesses on the age? Based on my limited knowledge of old Seamasters, I’d guess 60’s, but who knows.

-before you ask, the original movement is gone, so there’s no reference numbers or other indicators to speak of. Hoping someone can identify the model based on the dial alone.

Any thoughts?

2. aterenzio1 Feb 27, 2021

3. seekingseaquest Feb 27, 2021

It’s a fake unfortunately

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 27, 2021