Forums Latest Members
  1. Heats33 Mar 1, 2018

I need some help identifying this watch, but first a little backstory...

Pictured here is an Omega Seamaster that was passed down to me by my grandfather. I know very little history behind the watch as my grandfather is now suffering in advanced stages of dementia and the rest of the family does not know much about it either.

To make matters worse, the watch was stolen after my home was broken into, late last November.

Perhaps there is not much point in trying to identify what kind of watch it is, since recovering it seems to be highly unlikely at this point (Police are still on the hunt). However, after doing a fair bit of research and trolling these forums for some time, I have to say that I have not seen a watch quite like it! I wish I had done this sooner when the watch was still in my possession and could provide some better details, but hopefully the pictures will be enough to guide you.

File_000 (4).jpeg IMG_0714.JPG
    Details:

- The watch seemed quite small on my wrist, perhaps 32-33mm in diameter.
    - Front loading case
    - I believe it was solid gold
    - Cross-hair dial with date marker
    - Omega logo at 12 o'clock, higher than most

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! And, in the very unlikely chance that any fellow Canadian OF'ers come across this piece, be sure to let me know!

2. turbo_muc Mar 1, 2018

The case Looks very much like this Seamaster DeVille https://www.omegawatches.com/de/watch-omega-seamaster-omega-ko-14905/ ref. 14905 from 1960. The dials often differ for the Omega models at that time.

Thats just my first thought. Think there are better experts on OF than me :)

Sorry to hear that the watch was stolen! Thats really a pity because it has an important history for you!

Heats33 likes this.