Forums Latest Members
  1. ttodd333 Apr 26, 2015

Thanks for all of the suggestions regarding the gold content marks. I have been away for the weekend, but will definitely look for a mark when I am able too. Any suggestions on how to get the band off would be appreciated!

2. ttodd333 Apr 26, 2015

So, I researched how to remove a watchband with a springbar tool. Since I do not have the tool, I was debating whether or not to risk a lug scratch by using a mini screwdriver when the glued watch band loop literally fell apart! This made removal of the springbar very easy with no damage to the watch. Lo and behold the gold content stamp was right there where X350 XJR and TNTwatch said it would be. To my naked eye (since I don't have a magnifier at my immediate disposal) it appears to say 18K GOLD just as I was hoping for, but the mark Is more pronounced in the middle and faint on the top and bottom. I've added the best cropped photo possible to see what you guys think. I know it is not a great shot, but are you seeing what I'm seeing? Thanks in advance!

image.jpg
    Edited Apr 26, 2015
    TNTwatch likes this.
  3. Hijak Apr 27, 2015

Looks like 18K to me.:thumbsup:

ttodd333 likes this.
  4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Apr 27, 2015

+1

Very nice!

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 27, 2015

That's a really cool piece, beautifully kept and sharp too, definitely don't let anyone polish it or mess with it, even the tarnish on the caseback is something a collector will enjoy seeing

6. KIMBER Apr 27, 2015

One fine watch. Dibs for sure!