Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Deville 166.020 crystal installation question

1. bhoboo Jan 18, 2015

Hello

I have a Seamaster Deville 166.020, for which I am trying to install a new crystal. I have a new omega crystal and generic crystal press tool with various aluminium based dies with 1 mm increments. The believe crystal diameter at edge is 31.6.
    My question is;
    1. Do I need a special dies for this watch? or If my insert is sufficient to do the job, which diameter should I Use? 31mm?
    2. Should I install crystal and bezel at the same time or crystal first?
    I took some pictures of movement and case back. Forgot to capture the dial at this time! It looks nice and will add a picture later.
    IMG_7575 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_7578 (800x600).jpg

2. bhoboo Jan 18, 2015

Dial Picture added. The crystal and bezel are loosely sitting on the case. And I added a picture of press tool to give you an idea. Ideas and instructions are sincerely appreciated. Thank you. IMG_7586 (800x600).jpg IMG_7587 (600x800).jpg

3. VintageOmegaLove Jan 21, 2020

Hi there!

I have been looking around the web and this forum on how to accomplish a successful crystal installation for these De Ville cases. It's been a while since you started this thread, but did you manage to do it in the end? What were the steps that you took?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
    Chris