Forums Latest Members
  1. vic_6 Sep 23, 2013

Hi Guys,

I've been looking to purchase my first vintage and first omega watch and saw this one in a local version of ebay. I was wondering what you guys could tell me about it and if it would be a good first vintage n omega :) The guy selling it has another model which is pretty much the same look but without the day date and it says Seamaster 30 on the bottom. Looks like it's got a more rounded case too. Unfortunately it's about double the price of the day date. If you guys think it's really worth double the price then maybe I'd consider saving up for it but for now, this is the one I'm highly considering. Any help would be great :)

Here's the Day Date one
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here's the 30 :)
    [​IMG]

Regards,
    Vic

EDIT:
    photos aren't the best since these are just the ones on the ad and I wanted to verify with you guys first and get my details/info straight before getting in touch with the seller.

2. ulackfocus Sep 23, 2013

The day/date Seamaster is a mid-70's model with an automatic caliber 102x inside, which would be worth about half the value of the 60's Seamaster 30 with the manual wind caliber 60x.

3. vic_6 Sep 23, 2013

Oh okay! Thanks for the info :) So it does sound about right then? It's priced at about $460. Based on my research the past few days, that model is a somewhat "common" one in terms of collect-ability? Is that about right for both models?

4. ulackfocus Sep 23, 2013

For $460 the day/date better be legitimately serviced by a real watchmaker or it's too high. The manual wind is maybe a $600 watch, possibly $700-ish if serviced. However, I'd want MUCH better pictures of the whole watch, inside and out.

5. vic_6 Sep 23, 2013

Oh alright. Based on my limited research, it seems like that's about the ballpark figure in my part of the world (Philippines) for most vintage Omegas I see. At least the one's are aren't "grail status" or older ones in pristine condition There are a few older models but look pretty beat up around the same price range. I also saw a Maison Fondee EN 1848 in real good condition for about $20 more. Would that be a better option?

Here's a photo
    [​IMG]

If neither seem to be good deal, I'll probably just hold out for now and save up for something even better in the future :)

6. vic_6 Sep 23, 2013

Thanks again so much for the help and insights ulackfocus!