Forums Latest Members
  1. Castro Silva Nov 30, 2014

Well, I'm not sure about this one. I don't have the tools to open the case, but could it be the reference ST 136.0017 with caliber 613? What can you tell me about this watch/movement? What the forum members think? Is it all ok? Dial? Crown? Thanks a lot to all of you.

IMG_1517.JPG IMG_1519.JPG IMG_1522.JPG IMG_1530.JPG IMG_1533.JPG IMG_1534.JPG
  2. Castro Silva Dec 9, 2014

Well, nobody commented on this watch... should I consider it "garbage"?! Hope not...

3. Castro Silva Dec 9, 2014

4. M.T.Pham Dec 9, 2014

Castro Silva likes this.
  5. Sherbie Dec 9, 2014

I think its a ST 166.026, with the brilliant cal 565 inside

Its had a hard life. I bought a rough example 3 years ago for very little money - sourced a nos dial, had a full service, and now it looks great - a great beater watch for the garden etc

The angular watch case ( on the back) is also very comfortable, allowing for full wrist flexibility - its a good design, and not sure why it isnt more widely used?

Cant recall seeing that dial configuration before ( with part batons and part stylised arabic numerals), but i think its genuine and not a redial, hands look true too ( but are in bad shape)

Summary - as its a front loader, the movement probably wont have been messed about with ( and certainly not by amateurs, which is good news), but may not have had many services either since 1972 or so, when this was made.

Dial and hands maybe salvaged and reused, but NOS replacements are available. Movement will need a full service but is worth it - these 565 also go into other seamasters of course, and are in demand

Hope that helps, cheers, paul

6. Castro Silva Dec 9, 2014

Not a caliber 613 then... Thank you, Paul, for all your information and considerations.

7. Sherbie Dec 9, 2014

Castro

Please excuse me i was (am) stupid! - the case number gives this away and you are correct - it is 136.0017, with a 613.

They obviously bought this same model out in winding and fully automatic mode - i assumed that they only offered fully automatics

Cheers, paul

If you search google images for seamster cosmic, one of the first listed is a similar black dial on the watchuseek forum

8. Castro Silva Dec 9, 2014

No problem. Thanks again.