Forums Latest Members
  1. Schoffenhausen Aug 28, 2017

Hi to all,

Maybe i'm asking for too much advice in the last few days, but this forum is the best place for newbies like me to learn more about Omega em general and vintage watches in particular. Thanks for ypour patience.

Regarding this Seamaster Cosmic, and considering that the price asked is 470,00 €, is it a watch to consider? I love the style, it appears to have everything original (except the bracelet and clasp) and the case doesen't seem polished. Has two small dents on the case and the movement cannot be seen and the seller don't say nothing about the last service (tough i didn´t ask him yet).

What are your toughts about this?

Thanks in advance,

Schoffenhausen

Seamaster Cosmic I.JPG Seamaster Cosmic II.JPG Seamaster Cosmic III.JPG Seamaster Cosmic IV.JPG

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 28, 2017

Nice dial but the condition of the case would be a deal breaker, especially the back.

Schoffenhausen likes this.
  3. Schoffenhausen Aug 28, 2017

Thanks for the reply and for the information. It looks like it had some dent and polished after, right?

4. chipsotoole Aug 28, 2017

Seamaster Cosmics are still sleepers in terms of price. If you figure in the price of a revision once you get it then it is really pretty expensive. The dial looks almost to good to be true from a 1969/70 watch. Others here may tell you more.
    I took a gamble and picked up a date only 68 cosmic automatic with original "brick" bracelet on ebay in 2015 for 98 Uk pounds. Sadly the movement was fried. No way of knowing that as these are monocoque cases, you go in through the glass with, you guessed it, tool 105(in your case tool 107) to help you. I had to source a donor 565 movement which I got working and freshly serviced from a watchmaker in Belgium for another 130 Euros. So I put together a cosmic for 270 Euros and back then that was perhaps slightly higher that the market value....I doubt they've gone up that much.

Rebos14 and Schoffenhausen like this.
  5. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Aug 28, 2017

As mentioned above, the state of the case is a deal breaker at this price point. Examples with this dial layout can be found regularly, so I would hold out for a better example.

Having said that, I also really like the dial design on these and had a couple of nice examples in the past, only to discover they were too small on the wrist for my taste. So they moved on. If you have a chance to try one on before purchasing that would be my recommendation.

Schoffenhausen likes this.
  6. Schoffenhausen Aug 28, 2017

Hi Chipsotoole,

Thank you so much for the detailed insight. I passed from a almost certain buy to a no go.

Best regards,

Schoffenhausen

7. Schoffenhausen Aug 28, 2017

Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot for the advice!