Forums Latest Members
  1. AAARyan Nov 27, 2018

Hi everyone!

I have a question about a trio of vintage Omega bracelets I have, Not For Sale.
    I'm trying to figure out which would have corresponded with either the Constellation or the Seamaster, namely the BoR bracelets. After a bit of quick research on the eBay and through the forums I'm seeing a pretty even distribution of both between either model.
    It occurs to me that the 7 BoR may have been "heartier" or sportier and used traditionally for the Seamaster and the "finer-link" 9 BoR used on the Constellation. Am I off base here? Were they interchangeable back in the day?
    I'm also not too sure about the heavier link bracelet. Perhaps it was for a 70s model?

I'm a bit out of my depth here and would appreciate any info/advice you'd be willing to lend me. Vintage Omega is the next realm (although infinitely deep) that I'd like to dive into. Feeling already like my eyes were too big for my stomach haha. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0776.jpg IMG_0777.jpg
  2. ConElPueblo Nov 27, 2018

Try the two BoRs on different watches - the seven link one will look off on older, more rounded case shapes where the more angular sixties case shapes such as the dog-leg Constellation case will fit that bracelet design better.

GingkoLeaf, BenBagbag and AAARyan like this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 27, 2018

Bracelets were sold as an accessory and often found their way onto watches when they were taken in for service or to have the original strap replaced.

AAARyan likes this.
  4. AAARyan Nov 28, 2018

Thanks guys. That makes a ton of sense.
    Vintage any kind of watch seems to be its own animal a lot of the time. I appreciate the help.

5. brinsmead Nov 29, 2018

X350XJR,
    In the late 60's I went around window shopping the Omega Retailers in Melb.AU looking for the best price on a 300.
    Two different stores had Seamaster 300 on display, both of these were on bracelets.
    Mine came with 1039, I wasn't offered leather as an option (even at a reduced price)

6. Magnix Nov 29, 2018

I always thought the 5row Bor was for older watches then the 7row?