Forums Latest Members
  1. plongeur78 Nov 13, 2013

Slowly getting there with the collection,original straps on the xmas list with a trio of ploprofs please Santa! image.jpg

stefan likes this.
  2. ulackfocus Nov 13, 2013

Nice group. I'm biased toward the Chronostop, but they're all cool. :thumbsup:

plongeur78 likes this.
  3. plongeur78 Nov 13, 2013

The chronostop the latest addition but it might be going to work towards a banana dial

4. Lundy Nov 14, 2013

Beautiful collection. I'm replacing the bracelet on my Seamaster, really leaning towards the mesh. Very classic!

plongeur78 likes this.
  5. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Nov 14, 2013

Nice! I owned most of these at one point or another. My favorite of the bunch is the 166.088

[​IMG]

plongeur78 likes this.
  6. plongeur78 Nov 15, 2013

The mesh is a great strap and my personal favourite,Thats a very nice example Joe K and have to agree there one of my favourite,I am a commercial diver and amongst us there is always heated debate between rolex (usually sea dwellers) or Omega as the tool of choice but I'm an Omega man!Theres such an interesting range of them in comparison to rolex and my planet ocean always accompanies me subsea.

Lundy likes this.
  7. Lundy Nov 15, 2013

Since there's no AD for Omega in my hometown, I've never seen a mesh bracelet in person, only photos. In the pics I see, it looks stiff. Most metal bracelets when closed, still lay flat, but the pics I've seen of mesh bracelets, they tend to stand up when closed. Does that make any sense?

8. plongeur78 Nov 15, 2013

Yes I know what you mean,I find the mesh fits around the wrist better as the distance between the links is much smaller than a steel bracelet so has more 'flex' but I guess it's a personal choice.

9. Lundy Nov 15, 2013

From what I've read, you don't need the extension, unless your wrist are 7.5" or larger. The bracelet measures 5.78", plus the distance between spring bars should be around 7.75" total. My wrist is 7.38", so I should be good. Agreed?

10. plongeur78 Nov 15, 2013

I have quite small wrists,just under 7" and it fits perfectly with the spring bar in the centre hole so would agree it would be ok for you,i will probably trim a link either side off to let the clasp sit in the centre of my wrist but you likely won't need to do that

11. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Nov 15, 2013

My go to dive watch is the Helson sharkmaster, which is based on the Omega 166.093. The legibility is key, especially at depth and low light conditions. Always wanted an original, but probably wouldn't dive it.

[​IMG]

12. Lundy Nov 15, 2013

That's another thing I like about both the mesh and the 1171. The way you can adjust the spring bar inside the clasp. The bracelet that came with my watch ( 1515/816 ), there's no spring bar to adjust.