Forums Latest Members
  1. dantaspaulo Jan 29, 2014

Ok, I am positively obsessed about having a Chronostop. Please do forgive me.

Since my last deal was too good to be true (and PayPal has already confirmed the seller is a crook, BTW. He goes by the name of Pablo Marigo, even though I doubt he'll be using this name again :mad:), I ended up finding this other one, but at a much higher price (USD 800). It does seem to be in better shape than my previous find, even though it is overpolished... Would this be a bad, bad deal?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for all your help, gentlemen!

2. ulackfocus Jan 29, 2014

The pictures stink and the watch is a little beat up. I think $800 might be a tad on the high side.

3. dantaspaulo Jan 29, 2014

I thought so too :( .

I really hate that I fell in love with these Chronostops. I know it's hard to tell much from the photos, but up to how much would you say this is fair, Dennis?

4. ulackfocus Jan 29, 2014

Tough to estimate given the pictures we have to work with, but I'd say if you could keep it under $650 you might be okay. There are some NOS parts floating around for this exact model. (I know from first hand experience ;))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dantaspaulo likes this.
  5. basieboy Feb 3, 2014

If you're not wedded to the Seamaster Chronostop, there's a Geneve Chronostop at a current lower price that's ending soon. I don't know anything about them, so can't give any advice on originality, value, etc., but here's the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18130962638...4448&_trkparms=gh1g=I181309626381.N1.S1.M1186Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

dantaspaulo likes this.
  6. dantaspaulo Feb 3, 2014

Thanks for the tip, Richard!