Forums Latest Members
  1. scotty Apr 7, 2014

Hey guys, I came across this picture and I loved the way it looks. Don't have access to the watch unfortunately. Is this dial original? I'm not used to seeing this type of font with the "S" in Seamaster.

Omega Seamaster Chronometre.jpg

Omega Seamaster Chronometre 352b.JPG
  2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 7, 2014

Yes I believe both are original dials.
    S font in seamaster evolved overtime. There is a thread somewhere here discussing about that, but I could not find it at the moment.

3. Melhadary Apr 7, 2014

Here are two examples for your reference, one with the same dial and one with the same "S" font :thumbsup:
    2577_cal_354.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    Not so sure about the second watch, though... may be an old redial, but others here for sure can verify its authenticity

4. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 7, 2014

Here you go

[​IMG]

5. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 7, 2014

Everything is correct except the second hand :D

6. Mathlar Apr 7, 2014

And mine... and likewise, everything is correct except the second hand:

http://omegaforums.net/threads/wruw-today.567/page-518#post-114200

stefan had the dial off when he serviced it and proclaimed that the dial is all original (even the unusual "G" which caused a bit of controversy when we first found this on the 'bay).

7. scotty Apr 7, 2014

I've been looking for a Chronometre Constellation or Seamaster that was in stainless steel with gold markers for contrast. No gold cap though. Getting one with a waffle dial would be assume! :thumbsup:

Anybody have one that they would like to give a new home too shoot me a message!