Forums Latest Members

Seamaster chronometer titanium tantalum rose gold

1. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 2, 2015

Hi all, I got this a few weeks ago and would like to now for how long they where made and how many was made? I think it's one of the best looking watches out there and it's a great watch for people who can't wear a stainless one.
    I am trying to add a picture but I can't get it to work I'll try to figure out what I'm doing wrong :)

Edited Dec 3, 2015
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 2, 2015

From the pictures, I'd have to say fake, or maybe non-existant.

gemini4 likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 3, 2015

What Oddboy's trying to say in an obtuse way is the pictures didn't come out ;)

Its a great piece the Ti-Tan-RAu as its called, very nice contrast in colours and surprisingly light for its size.

4. Niklas Thinks snap ring pliers are for opening casebacks Dec 4, 2015

Yes I really like it, I bought my first one over 20 years ago an Omega Seamaster professional and it stayed on my wrist for 15 years and experienced all kind of abuse it looks like no other omega I have seen but it's still running.
    I was in an Omega store in Germany to buy some parts for the brace that started to fall apart and walked out with a Omega Seamaster GMT coaxial chronometer.
    Both where stainless and after a while I started to get rashes and itch on my wrist and could not wear a stainless watch any more and have been loking for this titanium tantalum rose gold for over a year you can find them for around 4000$ quite easy but I got this for 2500$ which I think is a really good price and I hope it is as sturdy as my other ones.
    I was wearing a titanium Skagen watch for a while and it lasted about 2 months before the brace broke, and a Citizen Eco drive titanium that looks like it took 20 years of Omega wear in 6 months :) i gave the GMT to my wife and she wear it every day and she loves it.
    Take care and have a great weekend!

image.jpg image.jpg
  5. danbrew Dec 5, 2015

Just as an aside, some of the Citizen eco-drives came with a sapphire crystal. I've had one for six or seven years and it is my go to watch when camping with the Scouts. It gets banged up pretty good, but looks brand new compared to the photo above. Been through two of their rubber straps (on third) and the crystal NIB.