Forums Latest Members
  1. bender.folder Nov 29, 2015

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was in the market to upgrade my collection towards newer 8500 powered models. I had the 300MC on the wrist in past and almost bought a crazy priced 1month old one but in the end I didnt pull the trigger. Sold my speedmasters X33 and Pro due both getting almost no wrist time and fancied the newer PO to replace my 2500.

Try outs proved me PO8500 were thick, maybe too thick for my liking and the overall updates didnt make me rave about the latest models. I encountered a Tudor Pelagos gen1 heavily discounted in an AD front window, came out with it (I'm weak when a watch is made out of Titanium) but sold it 2weeks after the purchase. Omega is printed on my wrist, hard to wear something else :).

With all that money in the pocket and a spot for a daily wearer I was like, hey dude time to add some blue, enough black diver watches !

The buying list turned out to look like Diver 300/Diver 300 Chronograph and finally why not an ATerra.
    Search mode enabled to find a nicely pre owned one of the three. A lot of cheaper ATerra but mostly without B&P, Diver 300 are almost as expensive preowned than new here in Europe, except some private sells but the fairly priced one were in poor state.
    Down town I saw the Diver 300 Chronograph in steel. Superb and it convinced me the 42mm was enough for my 7' wrist (initially wanted the 44mm). Found deals new for 3,5k€ and after seeking more found a preowned one under 3k.

In the end I used local Swiss secondhand sell sites but had not much hope as usually nothing interesting pops out on them except fake watches or sellers that don't exist (yep, even in Switzerland it happens)

And here it was, a 2298.80 Ti chrono, sweet price, full set, Omega servicing. Appointment taken, 1 hour drive ahead my place.
    Funny event at my arrival, the seller gave me a meeting point at his work but made a mistake in his cell number and forgot to give me his name. I entered and asked at the entry desk to meet a guy named ****** . They were 12 ones with this first name...One poped out, super friendly but was the wrong one..After re-reading the ad I spotted in the nickname of the seller what could be a part of his name contracted with his first name. The person at the desk checked again and finally found the person. At the end of the hallway someone with a white box poped out :)

Flawless deal, even gave me the original bezel and insert he had replaced during service, hands and the (not sure but seems to be) original tritium dial. He even kept the original COSC certificate from '94. The overall time loss during the COSC'ing process was 0,2s. Impressive those 7750/Omega 1164!

Bracelet is now sized for my wrist and I must admit while being thicker than the Tudor I owned, its lighter and more comfy. The SMP shaped case and the 42mm width are perfect for my wrist. Plus its designed so that no pushers or crown dig into your skin.

Was in for a new model and end up with a 22y old one, almost as aged as me . Next one will be an amagnetic Seamaster so I get a nice trio of Omega divers from various era's. Thanks for reading my long story with my 'poor' english. :)

Bender

legends71, arkstfan and 2tone61 like this.
  2. Kobus Nov 29, 2015

Lovely, and nothing wrong with the English.

3. 2tone61 Jan 3, 2016

i own a 2296.80 and it took me ages to save the funds and finally get one with b&p in excellent condition.

4. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 3, 2016

Congratulations! I have one of those, and I love it. Fantastic watch!

5. z1109r Jan 4, 2016

Hello bro SMPC mesh.jpg :thumbsup:

6. legends71 Jan 4, 2016

Amazing watch but unfortunately to thick for my small wrist
    Congratulations and wear in good health.