seamaster calendar 2627-12 hands issue

Posts
110
Likes
33
hello there members , revisiting and inspecting my collection , learning valuable lessons here on OF thank you, this one I noticed has the hour and minutes hands kind of bend out of shape not sure if you can tell from the pics , but question is how can I safely flatten them without breaking , and affecting the lume, the dial looks ok to me so I’ll try improve the watch as needed , any advise will be appreciated , this is one of my eBay purchases , many many years ago, thank you , kazd
 
Posts
3,601
Likes
7,816
I see hand issue I would be very gentle. Watchmakers here will have suggestion.
The lume is green which is not original and text is heavy
Scroll to end of this thread to see a good original example.

 
Posts
110
Likes
33
I see hand issue I would be very gentle. Watchmakers here will have suggestion.
The lume is green which is not original and text is heavy
Scroll to end of this thread to see a good original example.

Thank you
 
Posts
242
Likes
699
I think the dial has almost certainly been repainted the font is rather off - especially the ‘M’s
 
Posts
110
Likes
33
I think the dial has almost certainly been repainted the font is rather off - especially the ‘M’s
Thank you ,