Forums Latest Members
  1. ak287 Oct 8, 2014

Hey guys,
    i need a quick advice, got this Seamaster cal 267 offered..what do you guys think ?
    sry i know the pictures are not really good..but does the dial look original to you?
    the engraving beats down the price...so what do you think is a fair one ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. epl108 Oct 8, 2014

I won't comment on price as I'm not as familiar as many on this site, but to me, the dial looks original. The case seems like it has been heavily polished though, and there appears to be something going on right at 3'oclock either where gold plating has worn off, or something has been chipped/nicked. I'm also not sure if that crown is correct for this model..

3. Tinggle Oct 8, 2014

Dial looks ok. One way to tell would be to check the case reference on the back to give you a fair idea of what the dial should look like.

Is the subdial engine turned? That' one thing i would usually check.

Cheers!

4. ak287 Oct 8, 2014

so the serialnumber is 16360186 so its made in 1958..maybe this helps. there is no picture of the subdial engine what bothers me a lot too...

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 8, 2014

Admittedly the pictures are not that detailed, but the case does not look all that polished to me.

Dial looks appropriate for this model

6. Tritium Oct 8, 2014

Dial looks original. Here's my ref. 2937 cal 267 to compare:
    [​IMG]

Hijak, Alpenschneerot and pipefitter like this.
  7. ak287 Oct 11, 2014

thanks guys for the help...i gave it a shot :) i will load up some better pics and then we will see if i blew the money or if it is a nice catch !