Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Bezel Insert...diy repair?

1. dmfennelly Nov 29, 2015

So I lost my bezel insert, and after finding out what an entire bezel/insert cost, redoubled my search. Voila, it was found..Just pressing it back was only a temporary solution as it came off in a couple days...How do I make it permanent? Glue? Epoxy? any suggestions?

2. alam Nov 29, 2015

I doubt any type of adhesive is used on inserts. Perhaps you are not using the right technique. Here's the solution on a Rolex.

3. dmfennelly Nov 29, 2015

Other than not taking the bezel itself off, that is ezactly how I have replaced the insert...Same level of force and with the requisite "click". But it wont stay. (meaning it maybe a day or a week, but it will pop off again.)

4. alam Nov 29, 2015

Do you have the right insert? OEM or a third party replacement? or perhaps a damaged bezel/insert? bent?

5. dmfennelly Nov 29, 2015

It is a stock Seamaster Pro Chrono. I've had it for 8 years or so. The bezel never came off, just the insert. I read in some other threads where inserts have popped off and one person mentioned using a better glue than Omega did. I'm not willing to "dive" into those waters yet.

6. alam Nov 29, 2015

Edited Nov 29, 2015
    dmfennelly likes this.
  7. dmfennelly Nov 29, 2015

Thanks for the research! I appreciate it.

8. redpcar Nov 29, 2015

I've used G-S Hypo Cement. A little stronger than rubber cement used for crystals. You can buy it at Hobby Lobby.