Forums Latest Members
  1. jimcroisdale May 28, 2019

Hiya all,

I'm new here, and my knowledge of Omegas is limited. Over the next year maybe, I'm looking at buying something nice, and I do like the look of the larger diver's style watches, especially the baby PloProf.

I found this on eBay, and it looks exceptionally clean for what it purports to be.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

What is the likely story behind this watch? I kow these things are often blindly obvious to those that know!

Regards,

Jim

2. guwipa May 28, 2019

Edited May 28, 2019
  3. jimcroisdale May 29, 2019

Reading through that, the condition alone would suggest that it is not original in the slightest then!

Given this, what would the actual value of this watch be?

4. Len May 29, 2019

5. jeppehh May 29, 2019

6. jimcroisdale May 29, 2019

Well, I guess I have to say that the original vintage ones are out of my price range. Thing is, I don't necessarily mind the "Watchco" version so much. I guess I'm no purist, just like the look of the watch. With that in mind, what do you think the version I linked to on eBay is actually worth? It is advertised as genuine original 70's, although he does mention the non original shark strap.