Seamaster Aqua Terra. Was the blue different?

Hi everyone,

I'm opening this topic to ask for some help. Some time ago, I had my eyes on an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra at a jeweler in my city. Specifically, it was the blue version with only a couple of light blue details (the tip of the second hand and the four numbers of the minutes at the four corners). The watch in question had this reference number: 220.10.41.21.03.001. Back then, I decided to wait to buy it (I had just bought a Deville) and postponed the purchase.

The other day, I went to the same jeweler to finally buy it, and the seller gave me the sad news that the model is no longer available. The closest version now is the classic blue with the reference number 220.10.41.21.03.004. He showed it to me, but the dial seems to be a different blue compared to what I had seen a few years ago. Am I mistaken? The seller says it's just my impression, and according to him, the only difference is the small "splash" of light blue on the tip of the second hand and at the four corners of the minutes. Now, I might be wrong, but I'm quite sure that the previous version had a slightly different shade of blue on the dial compared to the one he showed me.

Could you please provide some clarification on this?

Thanks!

Did you see this Youtube video, maybe that makes things clearer:

I saw this video and from here it also looks to be a bit different. Am I hallucinating? :D Thank you!

Have you checked Amazon, eBay, grey market retailers like Jomashop or Watchmaxx, as well as the sellers in the watches for sale forum on OF for the reference number that you wanted? Chances are very good that there are sellers that still have that model in stock.

If it was discontinued, you might be thinking of the older generation where the date window is at 3 o'clock vs the current generation with the date at 6. None of the 6 o'clock date window AT's have been discontinued.