Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Aqua Terra pre-owned - two questions B&P and qqqq quartz

1. tikkathree Jan 17, 2018

Okay guys,

Here's that beginner again with beginner-type questions.

I'm looking for a Co Axial teak dial watch, ideally white (what IS the correct name of the colour please?) rather than charcoal dial, vertical rather than horizontal stripes.

Now,

1. Box & Papers: entirely essential? nice to have but not essential? don't worry about them?

2. I'm looking mainly towards Co Axial because most of my watches are not quartz and because I read that the movement in the AT Co Axial is a thing of beauty and indeed is a delightful view through the exhibition back and besides, a quartz movement is just a quartz movement: right?

What do I want this watch for, well, something to wear on rotation. I don't scale mountains or dive to depth, I'm not a welder nor a farmer. It'll be worn on a clean wrist under a shirt.

2. Tiktok67 Jan 18, 2018

I have the 38mm version in grey teak/vertical pattern on my wrist as I type. Excellent choice and in my opinion great in either of the two sizes. I have an average wrist and the 38 suits me better--the AT has a smaller bezel and "more dial" than my Speedmaster so it wears bigger. As for your questions:

1. Don't get hung up on B&P. Buy from a reputable seller with good references and you will be fine. That being said, the AT is a more recent watch and I don't see many without the box, etc.

2. Co Axial 8500 all the way! Incredible to look at, and really a marvel of Omega engineering. Like you said...quartz is just a quartz. You will soon wish you had the auto movement.

Best of luck in your decision!