Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Americas Cup titanium 2269.50.00

1. fflump Aug 25, 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm a big Omega fan and I've been offered for sale a 2007 Seamaster Americas Cup (titanium) 2269.50.00.
    Like this:
    http://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/racing-chronometer/22695000/
    It's in good condition and I like the watch, but I'm unsure of a fair price as it seems to be quite a rare model.

What are people's thoughts on the watch and on a fair price?

Thanks in advance!

2. Speedmasterfan88 Aug 25, 2016

Check the prices for the 2254 then add some extra for titanium and rarity. Should give you some feel for the Price range. You can also Check the sold listings on eBay for the reference you are looking for.

Edit: just saw that's the chrono Model, well Check eBay sold listings for reference then ;).

BrianMcKay likes this.
  3. fflump Aug 25, 2016

Thanks-any idea what the titanium premium is on these models?
    I can get the watch for around $2100 not sure if it is a good deal or not.

4. Barada7 Aug 25, 2016

Awesome deal on a great watch. I had one many years ago that I'd bought new from Sam's Club (a division of Wal-Mart) for $1000 (it was heavily discounted).

Great wrist presence, but relatively light. Neat functions.

I really miss it!

Kind Regards,

Ben

BrianMcKay likes this.
  5. fflump Aug 26, 2016

Thanks man-will probably pull the trigger.

Mind you $1000 is absolutely incredible-the price of an expensive fake! You should have bought 10 :)
    I'm surprised Omega let there watches be sold from an outlet like that.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  6. tyrantlizardrex Aug 26, 2016

You've got the paradox of relatively rare, but not all the desirable... there have been 4 sat with dealers coming on/off eBay for the last year, in the £2500-£2800 bracket.

If you like it, the price is right, and it has all the bits and pieces, go for it - just don't expect to move it fast should you tire of it.

Happy Hunting.

BrianMcKay and fflump like this.
  7. Barada7 Aug 26, 2016

I should add that it was the only one they had for sale (they were grey market dealers) and that particular watch had been there for more than a year and had been sent for servicing - so it had several strikes against it. This was also over 10 years ago. At the time they had a Speedmaster Pro for sale for $1500. Ten years ago you could also get a standard Seamaster for around that new.

Kind Regards,

Ben

BrianMcKay likes this.
  8. fflump Aug 27, 2016

Thanks-wise words and very helpful. As with most things it's the price you ask that determines how easy it is to shift. My guess is that paying £1500 for it (which is the asking price) would make it easier to get my money back on it than these dealers who probably overpaid for the original watch in the first place.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  9. fflump Aug 27, 2016

PS. I'm thinking a rubber strap would bring it more up to date. Photoshopped the ETNZ strap onto it here...

etnz.jpg

Barada7 likes this.
  10. tyrantlizardrex Aug 27, 2016

Spot on chap.

At that price it is worth a punt.

Any ideas on service history?

From memory STS/Omega would be north of £450 to service one of these... Always worth factoring in.

You'll want it revealed too before you get it wet!

Cheers

Chris

fflump likes this.
  11. fflump Aug 27, 2016

PS. I'm thinking a rubber strap would bring it more up to date. Photoshopped the ETNZ strap onto it here...
    etnz.jpg

12. tyrantlizardrex Aug 27, 2016

Bear in mind you need strap, keepers, and buckle... Which can prove an expensive combo. ;)

13. richard371 Aug 27, 2016

I wish it were grade 5 Ti. Their CP Ti is a scratch magnet. I used to have the non racing version years ago. Scratched much easier then the POC Ti I had. Nice looking watch though and a lot less money then the POC. Love it on the rubber.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  14. fflump Aug 27, 2016

True- on the one hand titanium pick up scratches (I have a PAM177) but small ones come do out very easy with a finishing pad and fibre glass pen.
    @tyrantlizardrex -I hear you about the absurd price of OEM rubber straps. It is the one area where I allow myself to go down the road where provenance is, shall we say, less than clear ;)

BrianMcKay and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  15. tyrantlizardrex Aug 27, 2016

I get what you're saying... There are a couple of sellers on eBay, who occasionally have genuine ones at reasonable prices.

I went to the boutique for a link on my Mayol Apnea, the rubber strap setup for that runs to about £175, which isn't crazy, but also... Isn't cheap.

16. fflump Aug 27, 2016

True £175 is OK. I spent something similar on a set up for a Brietling I once had. Just had to not tell the wife I just blew nearly £200 on a piece of black rubber-she would have had me sectioned!

17. tyrantlizardrex Aug 27, 2016

image.jpeg

::facepalm1::

fflump likes this.
  18. fflump Sep 20, 2016

Thanks everyone
    I pulled the trigger and at 1400 gbp the price was right. Stuck it on a rubber strap for daily beating to protect the titanium bracelet image.jpg

19. BrianMcKay Apr 22, 2017

Good buy for a light, limited-edition wristwatch.