Forums Latest Members

Seamaster Acqua Terra Co-axial 36mm Suitable Strap

1. svenedin Jun 28, 2013

Hello All,

I have just joined the forum. I should introduce myself. My name is Stephen, I am from the UK and I collect clocks, pocket watches, wrist watches, barometers, well I collect lots of things.

Anyway, I searched the forum before starting this thread and I could not find an answer.

I have an Omega Seamaster, Acqua Terra, Co-axial, 36mm, 2500 movement with a black dial, stainless steel. I bought this new at Omega, Old Bond Street, London some years back. I have never been happy with the bracelet. It is either too tight or too loose and a half link hasn't helped either. I would like to change to a leather strap but I have a few questions about this. I find myself not wearing this watch because it is uncomfortable and that is a shame.

Firstly, was this watch ever offered on a leather strap and if so which one is it? Can I still get a suitable strap and are there cheaper options than going to Omega directly? Is it a standard tang and buckle or a deployment clasp?

Secondly, assuming I can get the correct strap, can I swap out the clasp to a less expensive strap (e.g Hirsch) when the Omega one inevitably wear out?

Many thanks for your help.

Omega Seamaster.jpg
  2. ulackfocus Jun 28, 2013

Hi Stephen. I owned one of them with a blue dial and had the same issue with the half link. There are plenty of straps that will fit it, and you can use either a deployant clasp or a tang buckle. Just make sure you get the right size strap to fit between the lugs. Not sure if it's 18 mm or 19 mm between the lugs on that watch since it's been years since I sold mine.

3. jwalther Jun 29, 2013

I think the lug width is 18mm. There are literally thousands of strap options for you. Personally, I wouldn't pay the extra freight for a new Omega strap. Find something from Hirsch, Sirtoli, etc.

[​IMG]

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jun 29, 2013

Watchobsession.co.uk is a good UK source for straps.

5. Mathlar Jun 29, 2013

In the UK, you could do a lot worse than Cousins and their "Bellini" alligator straps. The quality and feel of a good example is truly great, and they do a version designed for the Omega deployant (also available at Cousins). Personally I felt that my Speedy deserved a genuine OEM deployant to match the quality of the metal bracelet.

My only concern with Cousins is their lack of customer services - I ordered a brown alligator and one side came out slightly narrower than the 20mm it was supposed to be. I don't use it and I have no way to return it. The black one is stunning though and my Speedy now lives on it permanently.

Edit: I have a sneaky feeling the 36mm has 19mm lugs, which scuppers that idea - Cousins don't do a 19mm version for the OEM deployant...

6. svenedin Jun 29, 2013

Thank you for your replies. Does anyone know if this watch was offered for sale with a leather strap and what strap that was?

If I decide not to buy an Omega strap then I will probably go with Hirsch as they have plenty of choice in 19mm