Forums Latest Members
  1. abstruse1 Jun 15, 2017

I have a new AT of the penultimate style (hour hand independent reset, etc.) and want to improve the legibility of the dial after a few hours in darkness. The lume may be okay, but it's TINY and the 12 o'clock marker isn't distinguished from all the rest. So I'd like to find a dial and hands that will fit the case/movement that I can work on.

There may be parts from other Omegas that will fit.

Where can I find such parts?

Any ideas? Thanx, guys.

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 15, 2017

So you want to buy a 2nd dial and modify it yourself?

Problem is luminova is luminova... your not really going to get more life out of any product save maybe Seikos formulation. Which you cannot buy.

If you want larger markers then you should have gotten a dive watch which by definition has large lume plot areas for easy reading.

Some Ball watches have Tritium tubes which glow without being charged all night. But In less then 10 years need to be recharged at??? Price.

Or just buy a Seiko SKX for when you need that kind of performance. Diver with Seiko lume and a 12 hour marker.

Edited Jun 15, 2017
  3. w.finkenstaedt Jun 16, 2017

12 isn't distinguished? Uh, the fact that there's no lume at all at 3 should give you an idea where 12 is... [emoji23]

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. ras47 Jun 16, 2017

If the A-T is new there is not much you can do that cost effective. If it's an older Speedmaster, a new original dial may help but I fear even that will cost you a lot. Visit a trusted watchmaker and see what he says.