Forums Latest Members

Seamaster 600 : Trying to determine if this is a legit vintage watch or a knock off

1. perks713 Jul 27, 2017

Serial Number puts it around 1966-67

After trying to track down a similar watch based on the ref number on the case I could only find this one that really looked similar, and the website seems a little fishy to me too : http://www.retrovintagewatch.com/omega-seamaster-600-mechanical-601.html The serial number on that watch is +10mil too. I also found a similar one pictured on this thread : http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/vintage-seamasters-too-small-651774-3.html - this one has different hands and has slight trim around the hour markers.

I'm not familiar enough with how these should look so I've listed the things that jump out at me
    - I don't see an omega sign in the crystal
    - The omega sign on the inside of the case back looks like the little legs go too far up to the sides
    - The movement looks pretty worn compared to the condition of the rest of the watch, but maybe that's just due to some over polishing?

Admittedly, I'm drawn more to this watch because of it's overall 'casual' look. I'm looking for something with a stainless case that can be a near daily wearer. I'm a jeans and a tee shirt kinda person so the dark dial increases the appeal.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

6.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 27, 2017

Horrible "military" refinished dial incorrect replacement hands, I'll stop there.

AveConscientia likes this.
  3. perks713 Jul 27, 2017

Is this a more accurate example, wondering so I have something to judge with in the future:

upload_2017-7-27_18-58-27.png

4. TNTwatch Jul 27, 2017

Dial looks exactly like those fake ones out there. Case is definitely fake with reference number from the 1940s.