Forums Latest Members
  1. S.H. Dec 16, 2014

Hello! 1st post here, so I'd like to thank this forum first. I always found something interesting to read here.

I just bought this on evilbay for my little Christmas (420€ delivered), seller in Germany. My first Omega! Pictures are from the seller:
    4.jpeg
    9.jpeg

8.jpeg

The crown is signed, I do not know if the crystal is original. Steel case ref 135.011, cal 601 from 1966 inside, seems to be OK. What do you think of this? I saw here a date variant with such a gray waffle dial, but that is all. I also looked at some vintage Omega catalogs from 1966/67, but not many dial variants were pictured.

The gray Nato is a fun touch, but a nicer band will do it justice. Any idea about a matching steel bracelet (not costing an arm and/or a leg) ? I may also go leather as a friend of mine has some legit Omega buckles, but which color? Decisions, decisions... :)

sryukon, oddboy, Mothra and 1 other person like this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 16, 2014

Congrats, you have a very nice 600. The grey patterned dial is somewhat rare and to find one in good condition is a bonus.

The 601 is one of my favorite Omega movements and yours looks to be in top shape.

For a bracelet, only a BOR will do (my choice). You can get a new one and age it a bit to suit the vintage watch.

A strap? Black would be my choice to go with the grey of the dial.

Enjoy it.

3. M.D. Dec 16, 2014

I really like that dial. Ditch the nato and go with a black leather strap. Congrats!

Taddyangle likes this.
  4. S.H. Dec 16, 2014

Thanks!

Yeah, good old black leather. And I will keep my eyes open for a BOR (but I'll have the check the endlinks).

5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 16, 2014

Beauty! Love the detail in that dial!

6. Selbo Dec 16, 2014

I've got one just like this, you'll enjoy wearing it. The texture really picks up the light, something that I tried to capture here but the picture is a disaster. I have mine on a mesh bracelet. Congrats on the new purchase. And your crown looks like mine, nothing for you to worry about.

image.jpg

RawArcher and Tritium like this.
  7. datniche27 Dec 17, 2014

This dial is original? I wouldn't have thought so but I'm still learning. Looks great!

8. S.H. Dec 17, 2014

I'll try to give it a proper photoshoot in a week or two. It does look tricky to capture...

9. Hijak Dec 19, 2014

Yes, yes it is! And quite nice to boot.::love::

10. Hijak Dec 19, 2014

I have a similar watch and your grey textured dial would look great on a distressed black leather strap like this...
    Wrist Shot, 6.JPG

11. S.H. Dec 19, 2014

Excellent suggestion! And yours looks quite good.

Also, does anyone know the reference for matching end link (if I can find an Omega bracelet for the hot summer days, this could be nice) ?

12. S.H. Jan 8, 2015

I received it, finally! Here is my first try of capturing this dial:

DSC_4786.jpg

Worth the wait, no? Even the crystal is (scratched, but) original. Some scratches on the back, the seahorse is crisply engraved, the case may have been slightly polished but edges are good.
    In fact the nato does not look too bad, even if I'm looking for a BOR.

Hijak and Selbo like this.
  13. Selbo Jan 8, 2015

It looks great! I really like these Seamaster 600s. They have a very simple design but they look and feel great on the wrist. I think you did well for yourself.

14. Hijak Jan 8, 2015

Wow, that looks fantastic, definitely worth the wait, I am a little jealous!::love:: I'm a big fan of textured dials and I don't think the case looks polished as these had a polished finish from Omega, the case looks awfully sharp to be polished. Yours is identical to mine except for that kickin' dial and the date feature. Congratulations on an excellent find.:thumbsup: Oh and you can get those crystal scratches out with a little polywatch, search it out on the forum here, you'll get all the info you need.