Forums Latest Members
  1. wallaby-dan Dec 28, 2018

Hi,

My search for a replacement bakelite bezel insert for my Seamaster 60 continues but I have resigned to giving up. I even tried Aldo at Milwatch to see if he could make one with zero luck. Omega stopped stocking the replacement part in the early 2000s.

So, I know I am venturing into franken territory but a Seamaster (IMHO) is just supposed to have a rotating bezel and insert, so here goes:

1. Does the Seamaster 60 share the same case or case dimensions as any other Seamaster model (e.g. Seamaster 120 or the Admiralty Anchor)? They appear to have very similar overall case dimensions except for the crown guard on the Admiralty

2. If so, could a replacement bezel and insert from any of these models be fitted to the 166 062 casing?

Before the flames start coming my way, I bought this watch for the dial, crown, case and bezel but the bezel insert got destroyed in the ultrasonic bath during the cleaning and re-assembly process.

My understanding is that the bakelite bezels are impossible to find or buy at any price so it doesn't really matter at this point what I do, it's going to be a franken watch..... It does make me wonder though, knowing how fragile the bakelite bezels really are, what other Seamaster 60 owners have used as replacement bezel inserts?

Comments welcome, just give me a few moments to go and put on my flame proof jumpsuit.

Cheers,

Daniel