Forums Latest Members

SOLD Seamaster 562 with BOR

1. ChrisN Jul 12, 2017

Serviced Omega Seamaster 1660010 Cal 562 Serial 23069078 for sale.
    166010-0.JPG
    This is a nice watch, fully serviced with warranty on a good BOR bracelet and I'm pricing it low because there is a lume mismatch issue explained below. That means it may not be for the everyone but I think it's still a very nice watch. The price is:
    €360 (Euros) net to me by bank transfer for the head only.
    €520 (Euros) net to me by bank transfer for the head and BOR.

Shipping is by negotiation.
    I don't sell much but am letting some watches go. I have some feedback as a seller here:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/chrisn-is-a-great-seller.55309/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/chrisn-great-seller.57972/

The case and bracelet are nice with typical wear and I fitted a new crystal, seal and crown a couple of years ago. I will supply the old parts.
    166010-1.JPG
    166010-2.JPG
    166010-3.JPG
    166010-4.JPG
    166010-5.JPG
    166010-6.JPG

The movement has good colouring and runs very nicely. I have just serviced this watch and write the service up for myself as well as customers. It shows what goes into that service and final performance - it is running well within Omega specifications. Here are some quick pictures of that document and the full document is here.
    166010-7.png
    166010-8.png
    166010-9.png

Here is a detailed picture of the lume on both hands and dial. It appears that the lume on the dial has been re-done at some point as it is a very pale green colour and does not match the hands which are more the colour you'd expect. Both appear to be old lume under the microscope and I'm not inclined to re-lume the hands to match the dial but, we could negotiate that if the buyer wants it. I don't have any objections to doing it just that I didn't see the point myself as I don't notice this on the wrist but it is clear in these very large photos.
    166010-10.jpg

This watch passes a 30m water resistance test.

I will guarantee this watch to the buyer for two years. That excludes any damage to the case and any damage to the internals caused by water or significant case impacts.

The watch you will receive is what's shown in the pictures and nothing else (no papers etc.). Returns within a week if there is something not correctly described here or in the pictures.

Please, feel free to ask any questions.

Regards, Chris

blacka01, Vitezi, JesperO and 24 others like this.
  2. Vintage Jul 12, 2017

This 1965 Seamaster will be sold today.

fskywalker, watch3s, ChrisN and 2 others like this.
  3. ChrisN Jul 12, 2017

It seems my price might have been a bit low....

I am a bit swamped with mails and trying to reply but have been offered the full price more than once so am marking it as OHPF while I sort it out.

Regards, Chris

4. ConElPueblo Jul 13, 2017

That was a very forum-friendly price :)

Re. the relume - I have never seen a dial like this with a relume before. I think that the cut-outs for the lume in the markers would make it exceedingly difficult to do so properly and that dial looks great.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 13, 2017

I've done this a few times with Cal 601 Geneves that were cheap, freshly serviced and ready to wear, once I had nearly 30 people ask to buy the one watch.

Someone will on doubt be very happy with what might be their first vintage Omega though. I just try to make sure its going to a collector and not a dealer looking to re-list it when that happens.

Vitezi, Vintage, ChrisN and 3 others like this.
  6. ChrisN Jul 13, 2017

I think the dial is really nice @ConElPueblo and I've enjoyed the watch for a few years so am moving this and a few others on.

There is clearly a market for watches at this sort of price and buying here means you get something that should be a fair buy. This has gone to a fellow enthusiast in UK and a very easy/fast transaction.

I note that only one experienced buyer used this exact phrase "if still available i would like to buy the watch at your price." He was a bit late but it's a phrase I'm going to use myself from now on;)

Regards, Chris

lando likes this.
  7. ChrisN Jul 13, 2017

Where are my manners?

Thanks to OF for this possibility and the mods and contributors for making this forum the way it is.

fskywalker, Vitezi, lando and 4 others like this.