Forums Latest Members
  1. Patrik83 Mar 20, 2019

Hi Guys!

I have an issue... I found this KO 2907 Seamaster cal. 321 on sale and I have hard time letting it go from my head. ;)

As I have no experience with Seamasters I would like to know your opinions on this one. It sounds like it needs a service as the chronograph seems to not fully function properly but sounds like it is moving. My thinking is that it needs a service and a new crystal would be enough. Not sure what I like about the brown spots on the dial and is that corrosion around the case back? Easy to remove?

What do you think, can it be saved or am I better of letting it go?

1300USD

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg

marco likes this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 20, 2019

I personally would look to pick up on in much, much better condition for $3.5k or so. That dial can never be 'repaired', short of refinishing it. The movement shot is poor (intentionally, I am sure), but looks like it needs work. Case is polished, and possibly corroded (not just dirty) on the bottom. And I am not sure about either the pushers or crown. And the band needs to go in the trash can.

But other than that, it is a winner. :D

connieseamaster, Patrik83 and marco like this.
  3. marco Mar 20, 2019

Not pretty , far better out there.
    Keep looking.
    Best of luck.

Patrik83 likes this.
  4. alexei.joukovski Mar 20, 2019

Where do you guys find 321's so cheap?
    I'd love a cheap fixer.
    I'd say if you replate the case and gently clean the dial you would be fine to wear it.
    The movement is robust and simple.

If you aren't doing the work yourself then I'd forget about it - otherwise you can save a lot.
    That's how I get a lot of unobtainable watches (Got a moonphase cosmic for $450 USD, 1611 for 500$USD) etc.

Patrik83 and smorrisonmd like this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 20, 2019

That movement looks pretty scummy too

Patrik83 likes this.
  6. Patrik83 Mar 21, 2019

Thanks guys! Sometime good to have people to drag you down to earth again. :thumbsup:

7. Patrik83 Mar 21, 2019

Yes, clearly needs a service.