Forums Latest Members
  1. WelshBoa Oct 22, 2016

im looking at second hand seamasters, ideally got a budget of around £1800. Would like one with original box and papers as a pref.

Seen one on eBay that's been recently serviced, where bezel and bracelet were exchanged. Now if it was a car and had had recent parts would see value in that, but does this now make the watch less original and value in time? Seems strange to be replacing so soon unless customer requested?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Sea...121420?hash=item25c3b3a98c:g:hkgAAOSwOdpX0ujnPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I'm new to all this... thanks

2. meganfox17 Oct 22, 2016

" Save up a little more
    Get a native S M P
    No Hassle None to Restore
    Set Your Mind Free "

Uniqez and Linzer like this.
  3. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Oct 24, 2016

This is strictly my opinion, but I would wonder why those parts were replaced. Some parts do get replaced when servicing through Omgea, however the bracelet and bezel generally will not. And I think that price is too high for that watch. Keep looking.

4. mattonthewater Oct 24, 2016

As long as the bracelet is genuine then it doesn't detract at all. This isn't vintage Rolex where the "Service" parts are different than the originals. SMP bezels are swapped all the time as the inserts fade rather quickly and the bracelet was likely mangled or stretched and was replaced. That one is good to go and if the price is right for you, buy it.

SmokyT likes this.
  5. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Oct 24, 2016

Nice watch. Just be aware, if you are not already, that this is the smaller/mid-size model.